Anhy info on the 328 GTB at Brandywine in PA? | FerrariChat

Anhy info on the 328 GTB at Brandywine in PA?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by lizard1, May 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Looks like my step-dad had really gotten bit by the ferrari bug. Ever since he was surprised with the renovated 3.2 mondial last fall he has been secretly looking for other italian mates to put into the garage. He has already secretly redone the garage floor, raised/altered the garage door height and purchased a lift. So know he emails me about this 1988 328 GTB on eBay with just under 18K miles. I haven't had a chance to due any investigating because of the holiday weekend but I was hoping that someone in the are might have a clue about the car's history. The VIN is ZFFXA19A8J0076632

Thanks for any help until I can call my contact up there in PA on Tuesday. We've definitely got another enthusiasts on our hands.

Take Care
    FOM

2. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am going to get this car inspected on Tuesday Any suggestions on a respectable independent or dealer in the Brandywine area?

3. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    They've had the car for a long time. As for PPI's, Algar Ferrari is about 20 mins. from BWine. There aren't any independents save Tilson, but he's in the city. I suggest Algar-- give Mark Cedrone a call and talk with him about it. He may know the car...

Joe

4. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Joe - thanks for the heads up. I will make the call on Tuesday.

If anyone else has any other info, I'd love to hear it.

TIA

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yup.

Algar is certainly nearby, and probably know quite a bit about the car.

Does anyone else wonder about these low miles cars? 20 year old car with 17K on the odo? 800 miles a YEAR?? Crap, I can't imagine owning a 328 and not actually driving it. Don't suppose any of these low miles cars spent 20 years with the odometer disconnected, do ya? I am not saying this car, but it just seems odd that you'd put no miles on a car with zero collector value and 100% fun driving value.

DM

6. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    We'll see how this all turns out and I'll post the results so for any future buyers they can have an accurate history IF it doesn't work out between me & Brandywine.

7. MabF355

MabF355 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 5, 2003
    Dave, very good points made about the ever common lack of use issue with Ferraris. As strange as it sounds, Carfax is actually a good resource for odometer discrepancies. Depending on the state the car was registered in (not too sure as this 328 does not have a registered tag on it) with each update of the registration, it is noted on Carfax and the mileage is noted. As long as the services are all up to date (for the time obviously) I wouldn't be worried about purchasing such a low mileage example.
    This particular car, I belive is on consignment for one of the dealers better customers. He has quite a few cars and I am pretty sure this is just a small part of his collection. He is relatively firm in his price, but the again, the car hasn't sold yet, so I would assume they would certainly entertain any reasonable offers on it. The car looks to be exceptionally clean, original, and of course, gorgeous. I am in Porsche of the Main Line on a daily basis, so if you need me to take a closer look at the car for you, I would be more than happy to do so.
    -Marc

8. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    West Town imported cars is right up the road from Brandywine Porsche. They could look at it, but it would take some time. They have one mechanic (KEN) and he works on EVERYTHING, literally.
    Just a thought,

Jim