taptd.... | FerrariChat

taptd....

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by BAM, May 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BAM

BAM Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    hey joe... just checking in to see if all is well after the tornado. If anything is needed, let us know. I am a bomb a$$ lumberjack as well.

2. taptd

taptd Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Joe K
    #2 taptd, May 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for checking in.

My parents are in my old place up there. Their neighborhood is one that was affected. Thankfully all they have is a lot of debris (other house parts) and had a few holes in the siding and roof which we patched today.

Compared to many others, they were lucky. Within a 7 iron away there is a house gone.

The people standing on the attached picture were home and in their house at the time, their kids were at their neighbors. As you can see, the are standing in what was their home.

The second pic is of another house that was totally taken away. Seeing this first hand is something that can not be put into words and instantly overcome with emotion.

It is so very sad that a child lost his life and yet a miracle that no more than 1 person was lost.

I'm going to be getting more debris out with the atv tomorrow. What is weird is that there are not more trees down. Just lots of debris to pick up and put up for collection. There were many pieces of houses in their backyard.

Thanks for the offer, so far we're doing good. they are keeping it limited on the # of people they are letting in, but looks like Saturday is going to be a big community cleanup/volunteer time as well.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. taptd

taptd Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Joe K
    #3 taptd, May 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I posted the wrong picture the first time, but its of the same house.

Here is the pic of the people standing in what was their house.....

4. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Wow!

Glad you're okay.

I had a tree through my roof last year but nothing like this.

5. Paul308

Paul308 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow...glad your parents are okay Joe!!! That was a very scary storm and it's sad that so many people sustained great losses and none greater than the loss of the child.

Our house was not affected by the tornado but we got hit by some huge hail. My wife was actually driving home at the time the tornado hit and she saw the funnel cloud ahead of her on 61. Just a close call for us.

Paul

6. lambokid

lambokid Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2006
    Golden Valley, MN
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Is everyone OK after that storm that just went through? We had golfball-sized hail here in golden valley and i swear i saw a funnel cloud try to touch down just to the west. I hope everyone is doing better than last week.

7. taptd

taptd Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Joe K
    We didn't get much where I'm at and my mom and dad just had rain up in Hugo. Supposedly 4" rain hit areas around Forest Lake, but they didnt get anything there.

Our rain lasted about 15 mins and that was it, no hail at all.