How would you make FerrariChat.com better? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

How would you make FerrariChat.com better?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Apr 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    You can also use Ctrl+F or go to previous pages by clicking the number. I guess I understand, when the threads jump 4+ pages in a minute or something like that.

2. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Bummer. I liked it. Nice to know who's stalking you.

3. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    +1 put it again Rob it was great idea!

4. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

agree. i think it's kinda creepy.

5. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Interesting suggestion Tom. This is a suggestion from someone who made clearly offensive remarks, to now stereotyping people who aren't subscribers as riff raff.

Oh yes, here's another one.

Let me dispel another one of your myths, I ordered my Hyperflow cats from Ricambi who is a site sponsor, and other collectibles from Fchat while not being a subscriber. Imagine that? You seem to put great emphasis on subscribing and put little value on other members who haven't. I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

6. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

You can, but it takes a few clicks of the mouse. First go to the forum that the thread is in. Then on the list find the thread and click on the number where it says how many posts are in the thread. A small window will pop up with a list of who posted and how many posts they have in that particular thread. Click on the number next to your name and a search page comes up with the posts you have in that thread. The one on top will be the last post you made. Click the underlined text on top of the post paragraph and you'll go to that post. :)

7. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    You are the man 'thoang'!

8. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    #333 Fiorano1, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008
    Listen "One Hung Lo"....you need to find a hobby and get a life. Ding..Ding....is that the dinner bell?....yes....your Mom is serving your dinner of "One Young Boy"....better get to it before its gets cold (or is able to escape)...LOL!!!!!

If you don't like mine or anyone elses remarks, then just click past this site. You are the one that has now poluted this thread with remarks from another that has been since closed by the Mod. It's apparent that you wish to continue this.

And it comes at no surprise that these types of remarks come from a "NON PAYING SUBSCRIBER"!!!!!

9. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I beleive you when you said your remarks weren't racist, just trying to be funny. I actually enjoy Carlos Mencia once in a while. But at this point this is getting a bit much. Let the other guys have the last word, no shame in that. Whether they're thin skinned or offended with reason, going on about it isn't making it any better.

Just my two pennies worth...

10. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #335 05F430F1, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008
    I was real excited to see this so I tried it. When I do, it keeps coming up with no results found. :( good advice regardless though, I didn't know it existed, wish it worked. :) It also makes me wait 30 seconds to click the number next to my name (my post count) apparently, by clicking the number of replies, that counts as a search, s then to click my name posts, that is another search and it wants 30 seconds between searches..... hmmmmm

11. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    I agree.....I am taking he high road from here on out.

12. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    That's weird. Works fine for me. Maybe it just takes me more than 30 seconds to find my name...haha.
    The "no results found" thing is really strange. Did you try it with some other threads that you know you posted in?

13. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It's not a ready-to-use function on Fchat.

I'm referring to something like "radio buttons" for italics, bold, etc.--similar to MS Word, and many internet boards with texting capability.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Everyone give a final look at the menus to see if anything missing or bugs.

I added back "Old FerrariChat.com" under Search along with moving "Member List" there. Sponsors link added to top level and "Calendar" moved under Quick Links.

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Checked - Rockin' upgrades throughout, everything in place and a place for everything, and links are working properly.
    _____

Only hiccup I'm aware of is worth broaching, in case someone else is experiencing same problem.

At least one user [HUTCH91TR] has not been able to see his own posts for the last 3 days...

when he clicks on his own name...

and clicks on "Find all posts by HUTCH91TR"...

he's gets the message that he must wait at least 30 seconds before trying another search.
    But, he states there were no other searches within that time frame.
    Regardless, given that I can still search any number of user's posts time and again within said time frame, "30 seconds" shouldn't be an issue.
    But, that's the error message he gets, and.... he can't backtrack to his own posts.

Should his beer prescription be increased?

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hey Wax, we'll have Hutch test it again. FYI after I upgrade the foundation software it skips over pieces of code that I have customized. So I have to go back one by one and insert my customizations into the new code. Because of this there might be little bugs with parts still running the old code, but interacting with all the new code. Tonight I have finally caught up and everything should be updated. If still some bugs I can focus on them specifically. Thanks.

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Excellent! I'll drop Hutch the Newsflash!

18. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I guess I'm from the old school and would like the form to go back to the basics. Get rid of anything that is non Ferrari related and make it a FerrariChat form. There seems to be a lot of immature noise over the last year and it waters down the intent of this website. My 2 cents

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You are right, but over time we've figured out the immaturity can't be isolated from owner vs. non-owner, subscribed vs. unsubscribed, on topic vs. off, or young vs. older. Problems and trolls come in all shapes and sizes. Our policy is to fight the troll, not the playgrounds that many others might be enjoying properly.

20. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Excellent i love the changes, i dont think F-Chat can be improved any more? unless Rob lets Jenny take control that is :)

21. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

Hi Tom & Rob!!! I just sent Tom a PM to reply to his, and well I tried the "Find all posts by HUTCH91TR" feature this evening, and it initially failed saying that I had to wait 30 seconds before trying another search. So, I went and posted in and counted to 30, then walked around my place for a few minutes, and then I tried it again, and it worked successfully :) !!! So, currently it has a 50% success rate going for it, and that's good enough for me!!

Thanks for addressing the problem!!! I'll keep you posted if the feature acts up again!!!

22. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    #347 JH, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
    One thing I think would improve the site.. Stop banning users who contribute for little offenses. Even if the ban is only a couple of days. It drives them away.. They do not wanna return if they have gotten a ban. Lately we have lost Gustan, whom I really came to like. All over a stupid joke, that wasnt even serious or anywhere near breaking any rules. The mods are WAY to strict these days.. It's ok to inforce rules, but give the site a chance and dont kill it completely by banning everyone who actually makes the site fun.

23. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Not a big deal, just annoying "cosmetically" - on the main page, the "space" is missing between the username field and the date in the last post area.....

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Wow, great eyes! I never noticed that. Thank you.

25. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    I'd like to see a forum selection box at the end of the thread so that you can return to the same forum with the posts viewed updated. It's standard in every other vBulletin site that I visit and especially helpful on longer threads.