Monaco KIMI & FELIPE Post Race Interviews *SPOILER* | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Monaco KIMI & FELIPE Post Race Interviews *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, May 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    ^^^^^^^

what he said :):):)

DC thinks he's flying a plane most of his career due to the amount of time he spends airborne :D

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I think that "Superman" cape went to his head. :p

3. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    oh yeah , good one, forgot about that one :p

DC, there was an under-achiever if ever there was one

4. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    stupidest post ever.

5. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    somewhat desapointed about the behavior of Massa against Kimi
    i notice saturday a small ignorance of Massa for Kimi, he don t give hand to kimi afther to win the pole.
    also the during the start race he prefered to close the door to Kimi and not Hamilton...SO hamilton
    try to the infiltration between the both pilots.

6. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    It's not all lies by any means.

Kimi had a bad race. He was outperformed by people in slower cars (this weekend, at least). Massa is competing quite well against him. Kimi only won the WDC last year because Massa gave him some places. These things are pretty much true and not debateable.

7. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    you don't read much do you ?

8. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    hahahahahaha so now it's Massa's fault that Kimi didn't get pole ??!!

and then he closed the door on him at the start ??

Did you watch the same race as us ?

9. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    i never said that Massa fault that Kimi didn't get pole, i said that Massa don t have in this moment a Team spirit...
    evrytime they give hand when they made good result.

Massa close the door to kimi and not hamilton when they start the race.

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    of course he closed the door to Kimi. he's fighting for the WDC too, remember. so, he's supposed to block Hammi for Kimi? from pole?

11. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #36 DGS, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
    Have you forgotten the kind of "der chop" that Shumi used to pull? (And that Massa has done in the past.)

Kimi just got off the line a bit slow.

He's done it before. Kimi does seem to lose his edge when he's having tire problems. Last year, when he was playing with tire strategy, he got smoked off the line pretty regularly. About this time last year (or a little after), people were even bashing Kimi for losing two or three positions at the start. I hope this doesn't turn into an annual slump for Kimi.

But between the two, Kimi was the threat to Massa's win. The Macs seemed to have similar fuel in Q3, and still came up short. Hamilton wasn't a big threat -- until Ferrari messed up their race strategy.

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think what your meaning is, Massa did not try to stop Lewis getting the jump to the front, had there been more track he would had done it he had a great start,

Kimi didnt have a good start, Massa did not know this and was protecting his lead from Kimi , not worrying about Lewis who was using the pit exit lane for room.

What is happening which is right, is that Massa is going for the win and not playing a #2 driver to Kimi, but as time goes on we will have to see if this is the right way to go about beating a awesome driver, ie LH

13. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  14. Geir

Geir Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    +1

Kimi might still be Ferrari's best bet for the championship, but even his biggest fans should be able to admit that he did not have a good weekend in Monaco, even taking the "broken road" into consideration ;)

15. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Thanks Mike, you're a sweetie. Following in Tillman's wake, I wasn't even aware I had a stalker from a different continent, and to be honest, I can't remember any meaningful responses from this Moretti guy in this particular section before. It's strange how that works out. My point about him calling me an "arsekisser" is that I don't understand how I kiss anyone's ass, and what kind of third grader resorts to name calling? I admit when Raikkonen or Hamilton or whoever else I root for makes a dumbass mistake. Anyone who thinks Kimi wasn't at fault for the accident is just crazy. The same goes for anyone who thinks he deserves a penalty just because the shunt involved a backmarker who was lucky as hell to be in the position he was in..!?!? Sure Kimi cost Force India monetary gains and this and that, but it's not like they sent him out there to smash up Sutil's drive.

To those saying he is in general "slipping," Raikkonen had absolutely the worst race I have ever seen out of him mentally...and he finished 9th.. Yeeeeahh definitely signs that he's struggling with car control issues, and definitely is spiraling in the pecking order. Massa's definitely in control of this team now.

16. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    #41 moretti, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
    stalker ??!!

heard of paranoia ?

The trouble with blinkered people (and that includes my Ferrari bias) is that you can't see the forest for the trees, saying some backmarker didn't deserve to be where he was, IN FRONT OF YOUR CHOCOLATE GOD .

How long have you been watching F1 ?

I've been following it since Jack Brabham (would you know him ??) won the WDC in 1959 and then became the only man to win the WDC and WCC in his own car. Seen a lot of the greats and Kimi is not one of them, he's good but of the modern era MS, MH and even FA are better.

Kimi goes to sleep too often, he had a bad w/e and some people here were defending his stupidity, and yes if the FIA was even-handed Kimi would be considered for a penalty because as a long term driver and now a WDC he should have the car control and understanding to realise that his brakes weren't hot enough and any track driver KNOWS where the tricky bits of the road are and as such they should know where it's going to get "iffy" and that section just out the tunnel has always been one of those spots and is therefore an avoidable accident.

Was he going for a win, NO, did he lose points for the Scuderia, YES

I believe he will bounce back next race as his ego will have been hurt and that is the biggest part of an F1 driver which will drive him to be more focused and that can only be good for the team

Stalker ?? you're funny :D

no sense of humour Collidees :)

oh, and just for the record, calling people 'third graders' 'stalkers' IS name calling :rolleyes:

17. FerrariF1

FerrariF1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2005
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You can't be serious about this post. Kimi is probably the best driver in the field.

18. Lindsay_Ross

Lindsay_Ross Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    Not a mention as to HOW Sutil got into 4th place. Passing under yellow. The stewards called him in to reprimand him post-race. Well good race from the man, but if you want to start counting "well, what ifs" then suppose Ferrari had Kimi's tyres on in time. Suppose Kimi and Massa were put on dries instead of intermediates. Blah blah blah.

You know who lost the race for Kimi and Massa? Ferrari.

Anyone who wants to blast Kimi, think about a few things: DC's huge shunt during practice in the same place, only in the dry, and he DIDN'T SAVE IT. Kimi wrangled in a car pitched 8 ways fcuked at 170 mph after almost 2 hours of torture. Consider: Ferrari problems getting heat into tyres on out-laps. Slow, inexperienced driver in front of him (c'mon, Lady Luck got Sutil up there). IT WAS A RACING INCIDENT!!!!

Those who said this is the best thing to happen to Sutil, long term, are 100% correct. Also, Kimi manned up and apologized, sympathized with him, and Sutil even commended him for his sportsmanship. Nothing scripted from the PR machine like Hamilton (who drove an amazing race, except the time he blew his rear wheel apart. DAMN i thought it was game over right then!).

Massa drove a great race in the end finishing 3rd, but realistically, he didn't have many issues and no drive-through penalty, and WAS getting his ass handed to him throughout the race by Kubica. And started on pole. It was bloody good racing though. Most exciting Monaco race in 10 years!

19. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #44 DGS, May 27, 2008
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
    I can't quite agree with that last part. Perhaps you missed the lap times Felipe laid down before his first stop, which got him back around Kubica, despite having a longer stop.

Kubica was all over Phil after the first stops. But Kubica was still on a two stop, and Felipe was carrying around a ton of fuel. And trying to preserve his inters for the rain the team expected.

That first stop destroyed Massa's lap times. That was the gamble: they slowed Felipe down, expecting everyone else to have to pit in the rain. I don't think it was a smart gamble -- letting Lewis run out to a 30 sec lead, because your driver is hauling around the Exxon Valdez.

But Kubica still didn't get around Phil on track, despite the weight advantage. (Well, that's Monaco for you.)

Kubica ran a good race, too. Phil was putting down some pretty amazing times at the start. Lewis brushed the armco trying to keep up. Kubica managed to stay close enough to take advantage of Felipe's momentary off. Both drivers were pushing hard. After the first stops, Kubica was all over the back of the heavier Ferrari, but Felipe didn't make another mistake for Robert to exploit.

Ferrari gave Kubi second, not Phil. (Massa's tire-only stop was 8.8 sec, according to the graphic. That's ridiculous. Hamilton's second stop -- for tires *and* fuel, was 7.5s. Because he was already carrying the fuel before the stop, Felipe couldn't protect 2nd with fast laps.)

Ferrari botched this one. Both Kubica and Massa did good work.

One thing about rain at Monaco: Rain messes up visibility. But at Monaco, you don't have any visibility to begin with. ;)

20. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Perhaps you missed, Massa's mistake at Ste Devote which handed Kubica the lead, Ferrari then made a mistake in filling his car up to the finish. They expected more rain but it never came.

However Massa was very impressive in the opening stint..;)

21. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    These things go together. Going fast means pushing the limits. It caught up with him.

Once.

But he didn't brush the armco in the process. ;)

And he got it back on the pit rotations, but running some very impressive laps before the first stop. (Over here, you had to watch the graphics -- they weren't showing Massa on camera, but they were showing his lap times.)

22. Lindsay_Ross

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    It was in jest, Massa did run a very good race indeed. Kubica as well. Ferrari's 1 stop gamble didn't pay off, but you can see how id could have. That's racing, and you win some you lose some.

As for Kimi. Ferrari "gifted" him that drive through in th opening stint. Talk about an immediate mindfcuk, can you even imagine? UGH. Kimi had a almost as many stops and Alonso for new nose cones. Eeeek.

23. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    I should be laughing right now, but I'm not. This guy is deadly serious. But don't worry, you're apparently not supposed to understand, as members like you and I are the "joke" and "laughing stock" of the Racing and Tracking forums. I'm just letting it slide from now, as you will NOT change this guy's opinions, that's apparent.

24. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Normally I question some of your posts to quietly to myself, but this one was absolutely spot on.

25. Lindsay_Ross

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross

Grazi.