3RD Annual Mason Dixon Rally Announcement | FerrariChat

3RD Annual Mason Dixon Rally Announcement

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, May 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #1 turbos7903, May 23, 2008
    Last edited: May 23, 2008
    Hello all,

Finally I have organized my calendar enough to pick a day for the third annual Mason Dixon Rally as well as a tentative day for the Dyno Day for charity (just need to clear it with Jeff Littel of DuPont motorsport)

Mason Dixon Rally:

August 30th 9AM-2PM (Yes I know thats Labor day weekend)

The format will be a little different this year. We will be sending cars out individually with very good directions. The purpose of the route will be to provide easy navigation but great driving roads. Your challenge will be in what ever time it takes to look for answers to questions along the way. Of course the questions will be provided upon your departure. Although it wont be required you may want to hookup with a navigator and spotter to make this a more enjoyable and successfull hunt. The journey will end after approximately 2 hours at average speeds. It will end at a secret location that will provide Gobs of parking in a very private location far from view of the street traffic.We will then have a car show with a Peoples Choice award given. We will have a cookout lunch and prizes. More details to follow. There will be a rain date which will be the following Day Sunday August 31st..same time same routine.

More details to follow on the Dyno for charity day but it is tentatively scheduled for November 1st at DuPont Motorsport as in the past. Just wanted you to mark you calendars for that one and stay tuned!!!

Looking forward to another incredibly successfull Mason Dixon run as well as a Dyno for Charity event this year.!! Thanks for all your support in the past and hopefully in the future!! Jon

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Sounds very cool!!!!!!! Where is the meeting point?

3. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Jon,

Had a great time last year and am looking forward to doing it again.

CC

My co-pilot has a request to route the trip past the ice cream place of last year. Is that possible?

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

OUTSTANDING!!

Made year 1.

Missed year 2.

I already have this one on my calendar. And on fchat's too. Check the Calendar function in the toolbar at the top of the forum.

going forward, events like this should also find their way onto the calendar for reference. It should be there as soon as Rob oks it.

Jon, this is the same date at the Ferrari Challenge race at NJ motorsports park. At least the proposed date.

DM

5. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Very much looking forward to the Rally. Jon, you know my plans beginning June 12th, so I am free all summer!

Joe

6. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    In! Last year was great, and this year's looks to be able to live up to that!

7. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Joe, I plan to see you alot after June 12th!!

Dave I know about the Ferrari Challenge weekend at NJMP but my calendar was quickly filling and I wasnt sure about the event at NJMP actually happening,

The starting location will always be at the same place every year. Its very convienent for the Southern FChat members and it is called the Mason/Dixon rally because it wouldnt be the same with out you Southerners. Iron Skillet/truckstop off I-95, very last exit off I-95 in Maryland just before you come to the tollboth at the Delaware line from the south. Plenty of parking,good gas,food,restrooms and just minutes from the start of GOOD ROADS.

And yes the Ice Cream place we went to last year is just minutes from the ending location so after the BBQ you can run over and get dessert before you head for home. counting the days!! Jon in Delaware

8. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    sounds like another good drive... I'll be there

9. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #9 rcraig, May 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Great shot Bob, captures the moment very well. They say a picture says a 1000 words....this picture says a lot about the event. thanks Jon

11. Immaculate D

Immaculate D Karting

Aug 12, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Jason Conklin
    Glad to see another event in the works. The wife and I would love to attend this again.

12. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Just marked my calendar! Hopefully nothing pops up between now and then, I've been looking forward to this since I read about it last year.

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Welcome...hope it lives up to its reputation!! Each year is a little different. Makes it a must attend annually that way. Jon in Delaware

14. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Missed last year---I'll be ready for this year----Kudos to Jon for setting this up!!!!!!

15. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Hey Jason,
    How's it going?
    Will

16. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Jon,
    I'm looking forward to this!
    Thanks again for putting this together.
    Will

17. Immaculate D

Immaculate D Karting

Aug 12, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Jason Conklin
    Hey Will, Things have been really busy here. I was going to give you a ring to see about getting together. Maybe a drive, maybe some drinks. I don't know

18. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Well the original post was in May so it lingered and then fell off the radar screen for most people. So......Bump. Its almost August folks. Time to reserect the Thread!!! Jon in Delaware

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

OK, you get a 30 day sticky.

Maybe time to post up if you're in.

Sooo..... I'm in!!! So is Mrs dm_n_stuff.

DM

20. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    It is on the calendar and I plan on being there with the TR.

CC

21. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Anyone need a co-driver/navigator?

22. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm going to try to make it this year. I was all set to go last year and then life happened...

- Eric

23. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    I'm in looking forward to the event

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

ARRRGGGHHH....

I'm out.

Wedding for a niece of Alison's that afternoon.

Bummer.

D

25. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Not acceptable...send replacement date or reschedule wedding. ;-)