Are there any minorities on F-chat | FerrariChat

Are there any minorities on F-chat

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rambo, May 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rambo

rambo Rookie
    BANNED

May 27, 2008
    I have been reading the threads the last couple of months and I get the Impression that F-chat is mostly comprised of white people. I see you have a few Asians posting and a couple of arabs but most of the posts seem to be white people. I guess Ferrari demographic is mostly whites. The only time you see a brother driving one is on the rap videos.

2. BorisSF

BorisSF Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2007
    Chicago
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Troll.

And to answer your original Q -- yes, there are minorities on here.

Now, go back to your Honda board.

4. rambo

rambo Rookie
    BANNED

May 27, 2008
    I am serious! Why would this be a joke?

5. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Yeah there's a small minority of idiots that seems to have just grown by one.

6. rambo

rambo Rookie
    BANNED

May 27, 2008
    Obviously you hate blacks!

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Based on the email address you used to register, this is unlikely to be serious. Buh-bye

8. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, this thread is only going downhill if you keep it open. Close it please.

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    You are an idiot!

On f-chat we don't care, we don't classify people by race, religion or country of origin. All here are equal, except trolls and troublemakers.

10. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I am a lesbian albino "black man", does this count?

11. NYCSpotter

NYCSpotter Formula 3

May 28, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Damian
    What an idiot.

12. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I think this is Ferrari chat last time I checked. It's not White chat or black chat. It's just people that have a passion for cars. In fact to show you that they are not prejudice here, many of the guys here like cars other then Ferrari also. Most guys here just talk cars. Not music or food, what ever else. The theme is pretty much just cars.

13. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Interesting......:eek:

14. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Certainly a very interesting first post. Also, since when can you tell the race of a person simply by reading what they write?

15. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #15 wetpet, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
    i'd be interested in the answer. i've been here awhile and i can only think of a few members that i know are black. I bet he is right and it's mostly white. I know that every event i have been to has been pretty much devoid of blacks. Why did this guy get banned?

16. Swil

Swil Karting

Jul 21, 2006
    SoCal
    #16 Swil, May 28, 2008
    Yeah a pretty uncanny skill you have there to know exactly what race of people are writing posts.

Wow is that a record, He's Banned in under 2hrs.

17. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    If we knew how many people of each race are on here, then we would be racist. But I think banned user is right. In the US I would think the demographics of Ferrari purchasers are white males in their mid 40's/50's. Many people that buy Ferrari are not buy it it for the love of the car. It's just an expensive, exclusive car that they drive as a status symbol. There for you won't find those people here.

18. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    WTF?

19. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    #19 jhsalah, May 28, 2008
    Look, I agree that the OP here was probably just stirring up trouble and this thread was going nowhere. That said, a few things should be said.

Er... yeah, except for the politics and religion thread, where bigotry, hatred and intolerance have free reign. As a minority on here myself, I can tell you that there is definitely a segment on F-Chat where things aren't as rosy as you make them out to be. The mere existence of some of the incredible bigotry here is one of the reasons some people like me (moderates who really did come on here "just for the cars" have lost or are losing interest in the site as a whole).

Not to pick on you, but this statement makes no sense. If Rob decided to put up an optional multiple-choice poll, for example (like the kind you see on so many forms and surveys you fill out -- "are you "White or Caucasian, African American, Latino, Asian or Pacific Islander etc. -- or my favorite "other" for those of us whose races aren't really all that important perhaps), and people chose to complete the poll/survey, and Rob then got a general idea of the racial demographic of Fchat users, knowing this information doesn't make him (or us) racist. It's what you DO with that information that may or may not make you racist. Maybe this is what you meant all along -- I'd be happy to give you the benefit of the doubt...

He got banned because it seemed highly likely he was a troll and his posts surely sounded like he was out to bait people. That said, you're right -- I think it probably is "mostly white" here, which is unfortunate.

20. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    #20 cig1, May 28, 2008
    My immediate crew consist of a black, a mexican and two asian with a combined five Ferrari's (+other VERY nice cars)... one F40, two Stradale's and two F355's. Our larger network has a lot more minorities as well as a number of white guys

Point is ..... none

Does it really matter

G

21. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    My 308 is black. It is a minority; red is the most common color! :)

22. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    To clear what I said up. I am of minority. I was just saying if you know notice how many people of a certain race are around then you probably are racist. It's a form of racism.
    There is no questions asked when you join what race you are. So What I was saying is that there is no record of it, no one keeps track. If there was then that in it's self is racist. It's like going to an all most all white country club. And you accuse them of being racist. They tell you oh noooo we are not racist we have two black members.

23. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I agree on that. I think sometimes it's good to know the demographics of a club or what not. But what I was talking about is a question that you might be asked upon joining. A survey down the line is good because it might make the place/club provide better more tailored service to each individual person.

24. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    #24 Testacojones, May 28, 2008
    I deleted my post as he got banned. So ignorant as not to know that arabs are white also.

25. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I think the only important race here is the F1 period.................Screw the rest of the races.