Spring Spotter | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Spring Spotter

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Daytona Rick, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jefmal

jefmal Rookie

Jul 18, 2007
    Lisle, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Marroon Gallardo on Cass Ave. in Darien.

2. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    That Maroon Gallardo sure keeps getting seen in the area. I saw it on 63rd St. West of Cass Ave in Westmont last week. It blazed by my kids soccer practice and you could hear it from a mile away. Nice car.

3. ferrarilover88

ferrarilover88 Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    D. Ward
    Great red F430 coupe parked in front of the Peninsula this afternoon and this evening a gorgeous white on black LP640 roadster tearing up N Columbus.

4. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #229 Carsleuth, May 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Saw this a few weeks back. It was at that "Imports Unlimited" place in Highland Park on the back of a flat bed tow truck. For some reason it comes out unclear. I have a high res version if anyone wants to see it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ferrarilover88

ferrarilover88 Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    D. Ward
    So much stuff cruising around today. One red, one black and one blue F430 on state (blue one was a spider). Another 348 and 355 (both red) on state as well. One of the new Rolls drop-tops cruising down Michigan and a couple of 4portes as well.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nice shot!

Anxious to see what you come up with today. I'm always looking for cool shots for our next calendar.

7. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    He lives off 63rd! He's got a killer Larini exhaust system on the car.

8. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Black Ariel Atom on Irving Park turning left onto Sheridan on Saturday night. First I had seen in person and it looks like a blast to drive. The guy driving seemed to be having the absolute time of his life :)

9. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    There was a 40th Anniversary Murcielago parked on Front Street in Lahaina Friday morning. What I found interesting about it was that it sported Lamborghini Chicago license plate frames.

Mahalo.

10. jonlevel2

jonlevel2 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jon Dubrick
    To many to list this weekend...Can tell its Spring. Yesterday around 6:30-7:30 Red Gallardo going east at a good clip on Roosevelt

11. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ah, yes, Montaigne. A street that makes even me feel broke haha. I was living in Paris last summer and in front of the luxury hotel on that street (the one that loans Maseratis if you spend thousands of euros a night, forgot the name) there was a Veyron, 430, 430 spider, couple 911 Turbos, 599, and a teal Maybach (I think you can guess what country the plate was from.) I would often stroll down this street when I had free time just to see what was on the street.

12. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    It does sound great. I can hear it every time he goes to Redstone.

13. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    #238 Michael RPM, May 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    He had bought a few cars from LC. I have a picture of that car against the ocean in Hawaii and the water matches the color of the car. I'll look for it and try to post it.

(Here it is)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    IMHO,best hotel in Paris,that would be Plaza Athenee.
    Best breakfast anywhere,especially since last year when they hired Chris Michalak (2007 World Champion Pastry Chef).
    You have to try his croissants to believe.....

15. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    In Paris, I like the George V hotel.

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    More modern ,more luxurious,similar prices,worse food ,seems to be a Russkies favorite lately.
    Has the best flower arrangements anywhere.
    Plaza may seem disappointing at first glance,takes time to really appreciate that place....

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The Bristol is very nice. The Grand Hotel also..Or for smaller hotels , the Pershing or the Coste.

18. jonlevel2

jonlevel2 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jon Dubrick
    The color on the Lambo is frikin beautiful!!!!!

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Eh, I try not to go on short vacations anymore, so I just rent apartments. You can get luxury apartments for a month for the same price as a week at the high-end hotels.

I'm personally not one to need gross amounts of space, luxury, or services, but I had a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, full kicthen, washer/dryer, internet/tv/phone, secluded garden/patio with living space of about 110 sq meters for 3800 euro, one street south of Place de la Republique. Now, the decor was nothing impressive, but the couches were the most comfortable in the world. Everyone who came to visit for a bit would instantly fall asleep on them. And it was 30 seconds from a metro which connected to just about every worthwhile line.

Maybe I'm not rich enough to understand yet, but I've never felt the need to stay at the likes of the Crillon. Their 'parking lot' isn't too shabby though.

20. ShawnLambo

ShawnLambo Rookie

Jun 19, 2007
    St Charles, IL
    Yellow Gallardo on Randall Rd in St Charles on Wednesday. :) Older guy driving.

21. jefmal

jefmal Rookie

Jul 18, 2007
    Lisle, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    White RUF Rt12 at Rte. 53 and maple. The only other Ruf Porsche I've seen happened to be at the Jewel on the same corner. Though that one was an early 90's model(black).