1982 308gtsi lost keys | FerrariChat

1982 308gtsi lost keys

Discussion in '308/328' started by vanny, May 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    what do i do...we cannot find the keys to this car.how do i obtain a new set if that is possible.help appreciate.Car to be sold.

2. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Call a mobile locksmith?

3. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Someone suggested this a while back in another thread.

Take registration/vin (proof of ownership, etc.) to a Ferrari Dealer. They can help get you a new set.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe.....

You are in deep deep water my friend......IF you have the books the key codes SHOULD have been entered there.

If that is not the case I have ONCE in six tries had a locksmith 'feel' the pins to cut a key, it later broke flush in the dash at a shop....

WORST CASE: You wil have to remove the steering lock rod/ignition assembly (no longer available and high value so be careful) as well as the door locks, and take them to a safe and lock company for reconfiguration then reinstall...

That is where I learned that the guy (artist) who had "feel cut" the key had put 10 - 15 year's worth of wear onto the component in doing so....

Anyway that's the story, hopefully you can find the codes otherwise it's a damned expensive exercise...