Could someone explain to me how the lap timer works on the LCD in the 599 | FerrariChat

Could someone explain to me how the lap timer works on the LCD in the 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by ttgangsta, Mar 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttgangsta

ttgangsta Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    First off, how do i activate it and what mannetino modes does it work in.

Second how exactly does it work? Do I have to hit one of the stalks everytime I cross a certain point so I can get the lap time? Also does it save multiple laps, or just the fastest lap and the current lap? Any information about this feature would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2005
    I don't have my 599 yet. As far as I have heard the lap counter works in both race and CST modes.

3. mksgr

mksgr Karting

Aug 13, 2006
    Germany
    ... and is activated by a little button behind the spoke of the steering wheel.

The lap timer shows last and fastest lap.

4. JWolf

JWolf Karting

Apr 21, 2007
    Ive never been able to turn mine on.Il try tomorrow in race mode and see what happens.

5. ddemet

ddemet Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Switzerland (VD)
    Any body has had luck with the lap timer?

The manual says you have to be in 'race mode' on the manetinno (presumably "CST off" would work too) and then use the 'enter' button (the twin buttons behind the steering wheel) to start the timer and for each subsequent lap start. On mine all the enter button does *when in Race mode off course) is toggle the km counter between trip a, trip b and total kms.

Any ideas on how it actually works?

6. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Its been almost a year and still have no clue because reading the manual gives me a headache and makes me sleepy!

7. ddemet

ddemet Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Switzerland (VD)
    Finally found it! For some arcane reason (not referred to in the manual) you have to set up (in the display settings) the 'race' screen as you main screen WHILE the manettino is in RACE mode. THEN whenever you select RACE on the manettino the race screen appears and is active, ie the enter button starts the lap timer. When you select another manettino mode the screen changes back to whichever non-Race main screen you've set up and you can still see (but not use) the race screen by scrolling the screens with the disp button.

I hope this settles it...