New Hamilton Quotes "spoiler" | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New Hamilton Quotes "spoiler"

Discussion in 'F1' started by smart_alek, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kescape

kescape Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Sorry but that's what you get when you are at the top. You get more criticisms than average people.

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Actually, Hamilton DID beat Alonso. They did not tie for 2nd place, Hamilton got 2nd and Alonso got 3rd.

If the points are tied, it comes down to # of wins. Then it goes to #'s of P2's, then P3's, etc.

Hamilton beat Alonso and the official standings reflect that.

What was that about "before you go ripping someone else you should check your facts?" :)

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi Mike ,nice to hear from you...:D

4. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    ...or beating the best guy currently on the grid, in your rookie year, in the same exact car! :D

5. LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2006
    Gainesville FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm fully away of this Mike. However, when judging yearly driver performance, one generally looks at their points total. The drivers tied in this aspect. We aren't the FIA, we don't have to look at P2's to determine 2nd place.

You could also look to their head to head performances. Alonso beat Hamilton 10 to 7 in the 17 races last year.

But no if you want to look at the number of times each was "first loser" and judge their performance on that, then ok.

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Alonso NEVER choked when he was going for the WDC ...... what happened to the Hamster who had SUCH A HUGE lead with 3 races to go ?? :D

7. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    He thought the red button on the steering wheel was for the sherley temple uncle Ron promissed. LOL :)

8. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    The way the FIA judges is the ultimate benchmark.

A win is a gold.

A 2nd is a silver.

A 3rd is a bronze.

Whomever has the most collectively, wins.

Hamilton won. There's no other way to state it. Hamilton beat Alonso, fair and square, by the only metric that counts. And bear in mind that said metric is based on being first, or being as close to first as is possible. I'd say that's a pretty good definition of performance, and based on that, Hamilton won, despite making a few bonehead mistakes that cost him multiple points a pop.

9. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Yep, he choked like an inexperienced teen girl on prom night!

But by the same token... one could also say that Hamilton beat Alonso, despite choking three times in a row which belies the real difference between the two before end of the season.

Far be it for me to be that one, but I'm just sayin' :D

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Mate do you honestly have no sense of humour ... really :D

Nobody is going to stop me laughing when I choose to, nobody. I laugh at lots of things. I laugh at many of these posts ... it is why I come here.

Also I have posted congrats to LH when his performance warranted it. But come on this mistake deserved a laugh. I will admit that I was impressed with his qualifying lap as the poor track grip didn't seem to bother him as much as others.

And Lewis with his over sized attitude to himself and never taking blame for any of his mistakes is asking for many to disrespect him. Yes he can drive, but yes he has had the easiest road to F1 in history, and easiest road to the best car on the grid in history.
    Pete
    ps: Weber has many times taken the blame for his mistakes ... unfortunately he has had to do this quite often ;) :D

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    damn, we don't get prom nights here :(

:D