EFI for 328 | FerrariChat

EFI for 328

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by smg2, Jun 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    #1 smg2, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've been working an another project, this one is a 328 with many mods. more to be released later on the request of the owner. I just wanted to share with the group a new non-invasive EFI conversion. instead of the usual fuel log, this setup utilizes a single ported fuel distribution block and individual runners much like the original CIS. some may have concerns over frequency pulsations in the lines but none are present. the injectors are retained by a very neat aluminum cir-clip retained boss. of course there is more but I cant give away all the tricks. enjoy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Nice.

Be very careful about denonation when you start tuning. The rumor is (and I can confirm it due to an injector failure) that the fire rings on QV/328 type head gaskets fail under even mild detonation.

3. JEC_31

JEC_31 Karting

Mar 20, 2008
    Grand Rapids, Mich.
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I hereby humbly request more pics of the tricks.

4. JCR

JCR F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Which ECU are you using? Is the "non-invasive" to fly below the CARB smog tech radar?

5. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    given the lack of general knowledge of most smog stations it shouldn't be a visual problem, it'll pass the sniffer though easily since it's far superior to the CIS. the system i'm using here is the Haltech Ev11. I also have used the BIgstuff3 and Electromotive.

6. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    the goal was to keep it as stock looking as possible, I think it has succeeded.

7. luckydynes

luckydynes F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    CA and OR
    Full Name:
    pit bull
    how do you know? . .. shouldn't be a problem with solid steel lines but you'll know once you're on the dyno . .. pulsations should only be a problem with steel braid/rubber hose.

only way to really know is with a data logger and quality pressure transducer and the problems don't start happening until you're way up on the duty cycle making power . .. full sequential helps which you can do with the E11.

looks excellent . . . post hp numbers when you get 'em.

cheers,

Sean

8. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    So I wonder: What's with the funny lookin' round thingie on the right side? Looks like some kinda fan, eh? That setup is looking really sweet and clean, Scott! (Looking for some kleenex to catch the drool...) :)

9. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    How many HP are you hoping to gain?

Nice work by the way..:cool:

10. Grahame

Grahame Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Grahame
    Nice clean look to the work you have done there. More info please! HP?

11. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Having seen Scott's stuff, he always does a nice installation. My bet would be not so much HP (although a bit by removing the Kjet 'barn door') but a lot more responsive, flexible and long term reliable induction.

12. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Removing the CIS and keeping the stock manifold should gain about 25 hp....and then there is the blower........

13. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Looks like the next step in evolution above the magic you did to my 308QV! We had a track day last weekend... what a BLAST these cars are with more power! :p

14. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    #14 atlantaman, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What is see here looks like injector electric leads going to the standard locations of the CIS locations. One of the biggest issues here is that a standard EFI injector is shorted than a CIS injector. My intake manifold injector bungs had to be machined down a full 1/2" so that the injector tip could reach the air stream. If the injector tip is not in the air stream, the fuel collects on the passage sides and drips onto the valves--very bad scenario there....