Stuhrling | FerrariChat

Stuhrling

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by MobileJay, Jun 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    #1 MobileJay, Jun 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A friend of mine wanted to buy a watch and found a watch called Stuhrling. I have never heard of them at all. He says people say they are great watches and that its under $500. He asked me about it and I told him I would ask around. So, anyone heard of Stuhrling before, good/bad?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #2 ylshih, Jun 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
    They seem to be a branding/design company using a German-sounding name that relies heavily on cheap (Chinese) movements. I first noticed them about 3-4 years ago; they were advertising heavily in the airline gift catalogs. If they could deliver a reliable product, then they would probably be good value for money (interesting automatic designs, usually inspired by other brands' successes but not outright knockoffs, at low cost), but the product record seems spotty (based on owner reviews on watch forums); some OK, some poor.

3. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Thanks for the information man, I'll let him know.

4. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    I got one about a year ago, I liked to looks of it and the price. So far I haven't had any problems out of it, still keeps great time.

5. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Stuhrling has a poor reputation, not because of the product but because of their marketing. They make claims that are outright false (such as heritage and pricing claims).

As earlier stated their quality is spotty. I would avoid as there are better watches in that price category.

Look at Tissot, Archimede, Citizen, Seiko.

Best,
    dsd

6. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Yeah I have a Citizen and have had it for years. I love it. I told him to get that but he saw that watch and loved it so wanted to know about it. I took a look at some of their watches and they don't look bad at all.