Hartford Concorso | FerrariChat

Hartford Concorso

Discussion in 'New England' started by Jeff348, Jun 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
    Hey Guys, I'm intersted in going to the show in Hartford. What time does it start and which Hotel is the closest. Thanks for your help

2. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    http://fcastore.nwinetworks.com/events_more.php?id=149

The parade is in the morning, and drivers who have registered and have been admitted to the parade are asked to be there early. We usually return to the capitol (with patients) around 11ish. The show runs all afternoon, though the crowd tends to clear by 4 or so. You can register at the link above. As for hotels, there are several in downtown Hartford, but you can also stay at any surrounding the city too (no traffic issues). Hope this helps!

vty,

--Dennis

3. Full-blooded

Full-blooded Rookie

Nov 13, 2007
    Maine
    Has anyone received a registration package for the Hartford concourso. I sent in my form awhile ago. Should i expect something in the mail or will it be available next saturday?

4. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I don't have anything yet either. I picked it up there last year, but I also was last minute last year.

5. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    for a hotel check out the Hilton Garden in Glastonbury- 10 minutes away, cars will be safe, and there are a bunch of restaurants in the area. I will be at the show , as a spectator, I go every year

6. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI

Nothing is sent in advance. You are given your material as you enter the grounds at the Capitol.

7. Full-blooded

Full-blooded Rookie

Nov 13, 2007
    Maine
    Thank you for the info

8. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
    I just booked the Hampton Inn at Rocking Hill. I guess 9:00 A.M. is a good time to show up? I'm not bringing my car just the family. I went last year had a nice time. Any good resturants in the area? I'll be there Sat night. thanks guys

9. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    9AM might be a little early. If you get there around 10:30 or so, that is when stuff really gets started.

As for places to eat... I would recommend going over to the Center at West Hartford. They have a bunch of great places. I would recommend Simmer, Bricco's, or Elbow Room to name just a few. Use Mapquest to get you in the area (they are all within a block of each other). If you find the area (its only about 10 minutes from Rocky Hill) you can walk around and there are probably 20 places to choose from (including a new Cheesecake Factory). If you need directions, PM me and I can get you specific directions. I live in Wethersfield, CT... one town north of Rocky Hill. I am going on Sunday as well, and I did not enter my car either. I enjoy just walking around and seeing all the cars with my wife and son.

Joe

10. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I agree on the timing. Parade arrives at 11:00, IIRC. Looking forward to this!

11. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Got an email today with the directions, etc. Hopefully the rest of you who are registered did as well.

12. Liquid1

Liquid1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2006
    Metrowest, MA
    #12 Liquid1, Jun 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
    I am assuming this is the same event?

JUNE 15 FERRARI FESTIVAL FUND RAISER
    State Capitol grounds, 210 Capitol Ave., Hartford, 12:30-2:30pm. Fund raising to benefit the CT ChildrenÕs Medical Center, admission is free. Newington resident Carl Seeger Henry will perform. Info: 667-1116

If so, I am considering heading down for this with my NSX. I am in Mass near the 495/90 interchange, anyone want to caravan down? I was thinking we could meet up at the Southborogh Starbucks and go from there?

13. Market Mover

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    Yes that is the event--usually gets a nice turnout--all weather related obviously.

14. JoeyM

JoeyM Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    RI
    Full Name:
    Joey M
    if you go as a spectator is it worth bringing a ferrari?

or is the parking bad for the general public?

also, how about the rain?

thanks!

15. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    I plan to go there as a spectator--will all the cars be at display at some point or it will only be a parade???

16. Market Mover

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    here is a link from a past year
    http://www.exoticcarsite.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=11327&g2_page=1

definitely come in a Ferrari you will be able to park near the others they usually leave a spot for about 20 other nice cars separate from the parade cars---It is usually Astons, Porsche,BMw,Lambo, Zonda

Yes as a spectator is great, all the cars after giving the children from the hospital rides come back to the cap building and park where they leave them for the day. It is a big semi circular parking area and a ton of people come for free
    a few video links to maybe explain things a little better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=141tXksueTs&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LK6Q-R_px8

17. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    Anyone knows if there will be a FXX there?

18. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    There was an FXX last year. Don't know if it will be back. There are always a lot of interesting Ferraris there.

19. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    Thanks Thomas--i will see u\you there. What happens if it rains?

20. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Good question. Especially for those of us who have to drive 2 hours to get there and need it stop raining 2 hours sooner... I may end up coming down in the MINI if the weather stays crummy too long. Let's hope it doesn't.

21. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    It's rain or shine and moves into an indoor facility if the weather really gets bad.

22. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    Let's hope the weather people are wrong. Driving 2 hours in the rain will just waste the hours and hours of time I spent preparing the car. :(

If I wake up to steady rain I guess I will have to skip it. I will be seriously bummed out.

23. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Same here. Looks like a decent forecast there. Not quite so good up here, but moving the right direction.

24. Market Mover

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    what about the "it's for a good cause part"
    :)

25. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Well, the money's already been donated either way, and as far as sharing with the kids and public, if the road's wet my car will look the same when I get there regardless of the effort spent. :)