What a vacation! | FerrariChat

What a vacation!

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ricambi America, Jun 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow... I spent last week on holiday at the NC coast (Bald Head Island http://www.baldheadisland.com/explore/interactive_map.aspx) with my family and basically had no access to Fchat. After the first 24 hours of convulsions and withdrawal problems, I settled into a nice little haze of non-technical relaxation. Maybe I need to get banned or something every few months (?!?!?!) .... it was oddly nice to have a few days without Fchat. No cars on the island, no shops of any significance, no crowds.

Enough of the kite flying and splashing in the waves with Luca... now its back to work! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Looks fantastic mate!! :):)

3. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Its always good to take a break from the routine once and a while. Luca looked like he enjoyed it as much as you :)

4. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    NICE!!! I'll be in corrolla in 4 weeks time, can't wait

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Leaving for Vegas this Thursday for a little R & R myself!!! May not take the laptop!! Yea right...

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Robbie -

Really, leave the laptop at home. Its intoxicating to live back in the real world every now and then!

7. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    If I leave the laptop then I will go broke at the Craps table...:D Actually my reason I am going out is for the UFC fight on Saturday ---Also I am meeting a few other Fchatters Thursday night for a drink

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=1183

8. Davidt

Davidt Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dave T.
    Looks like you had a fantastic time. Spend as much time as you can with your kids, they grow up way to fast.

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    +10 on that one!!! You will wake up one day and they are going into high school!!

10. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Yep, and then my little vacation starts...:) About six of us from the local Ferrari Club are taking a "boys" weekend with the cars...:D We leave on Fri morning to Mammoth Lake, stay the night. Sat on to Tahoe, stay the night and Sun were thinking of going to San Francisco, stay the night and then back home on Mon. We should put about 1000k on the cars....:D

11. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Looks like you had great weather...:) It's always nice to get some RR and spend time with the family...:D

12. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Please take some pictures of your cars during your outing and share your adventure with us :) Please also report how well your cars behave during this trip to help spread the word that you can actually drive these cars.

13. NYCSpotter

NYCSpotter Formula 3

May 28, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Damian
    +1! :)

14. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Will do. We will have my 355, a 550, and 3 "Lambos. 1 countach and 2 diablos...:) should be a great time.

15. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Man, if your kid doesn't grow up to be really happy nobody will. Great that you are getting to spend some good times with him while he is young. Work will always be there, and your attention to customers the other 50 weeks per year is plenty (take another vacation in the fall)!!!
    :D
    BT

16. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    Glad you had a good rest Daniel! David provided some good info while you were gone, but you can count on a call from me tomorrow morning!! :)

17. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    LOL!!! Daniel San!

I'll be in that spot in about 2 weeks. Taking the family to Maui.

18. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Looks like you and Luca had a great time Daniel, it really is refreshing to get away and change the scene every now and then. Welcome back. :)

I am on holiday at the moment, spent the weekend away and now I'm doing odd jobs that have been put off, once these are done i think ill head away again. Life is good. :D

19. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Down time is good.......balance in life is key. This is why I work 3 nights a week and play the other 4....... :D

20. TomPDX

TomPDX Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Mine has been a daily driver since Thursday! To work, then out to play, then home again Thurs (about 50 miles). THen work, out to play, then home again Friday (60 miles). Out wine tasting Saturday (30 miles). Then to sister-in-law's for Father's Day Sunday (70 miles). No problems! (Well, except for "E-5" on the A/C panel, which made the cabin a bit warm).

21. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Great pics Daniel thanks for sharing :)!!! I need one of those things........what do they call them......... oh yeah a 'vacation' .... :eek:!!!