Let's see her engagement ring! | FerrariChat

Let's see her engagement ring!

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by andric, May 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    OK guys we take care of ourselves; the cars, the watches, etc. Let's see how you take car of your wifes/girlfriends. I'm not quite at that stage but thought this would be fun. So let's see 'um guys.

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #2 DrStranglove, May 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    God it is hard to take a pic of diamonds!

My GrandMothers ring, my father gave it to me to give to my wife. It would help I guess if I was to get married....

Odd that I should have it here this day and see this thread. Going back to the bank in the morning.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    My wife's ring was came from my Great-Grandparents, only it was my G-Grandfather's. My father wore it for years before I designed the mount it now sits in.

4. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    That is cool as hell. I love family handed down heirlooms. Care to throw up a pic of it, I would love to see it?

5. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Don't think I have one.... But daylight is better.

6. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Yeah. Could have bought something bigger but this one is far more valuable.

7. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    Show that to a woman and from the size that I think it is...(picture quality sorry)
    I think you will find a wife in no time!!!

jk

8. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    No pic handy but I do have a little story.

Pam and I had been talking about getting married for a while and I suggested we go to Tiffany's so I can get an idea of what she likes in rings.

Secretly, I had scouted the store and they were in on it and would set aside the ring she chose. So we started to look at rings beginning with a 1+ Carat Round Solitaire that I had preselected. She tried the ring on and said:

"Its nice but do you have anything smaller"

Did I mention I love my wife :)

-dsd

9. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Nice! Not that we are to that stage yet, but my gf actually doesn't really like diamonds. She likes them as accents to other stones, but not just by themselves. Glad I didn't get a girl that feels the need to have the biggest rock..

10. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    +1, currently getting an engagement ring made for my girlfriend, ruby center stone with diamond accents. I like that it's not something that every girl will have!

11. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    How about Wedding Rings?

We have matching Cartier Rolling rings........

12. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    post em up then

13. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Lucky you...UNLESS her stone of choice is an Emerald and she wants a REAL ONE! Real (GOOD quality) Emeralds are more expensive per carat than Diamonds!

I bought my wife's diamond from a friend of the family that was a diamond dealer. I'll post a pic later. It is 1.58ct round cut with a VERY broad table and low crown...GREAT LOOKING stone. Looks like it is about 2ct! I love it! She does too... It has been on her finger for almost 20 years now!

James
    Austin, TX

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    You're going to get some F-Chatters in trouble with GOS.

15. ramvfin2003

ramvfin2003 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2007
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    #15 ramvfin2003, May 14, 2008
    Pic our photographer took on our wedding day. 3 ct center with another 1 ct in chips along the center and ring. It is the Tiffany Legacy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    She isn't really into flashy or bright things. I told her I would get her one of those rings with a lolli pop on the end..

17. Vicente

Vicente Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    I bought one once. She flushed it down the toilet during one of her tantrums. Quite classy of her.

At least it wasn't a heirloom, and in hindsight I am so glad I followed my gut feeling and didn't go for the Cartier.

18. sexybeast

sexybeast Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    #18 sexybeast, May 15, 2008
  19. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Yes and it looks great on you!

20. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    my wife's birthstone is a diamond (unfortunately for me!). She now has a 4.85 carat brilliant cut diamond ring set in platinum flanked by 2 stones that are about 2 carats each. The thing is a monster and she loves it. It is very high color cut and clarity and looks spectacular. She also has a 15 carat diamond necklace with a bunch of small diamonds plus a diamond Breitling watch, earrings, etc... All in all she has about 34 carats of high quality diamonds. Yes we do have a heavy duty bank Vault at our home!
    As they say "diamonds are a girl's best friend"!
    gordon

21. sexybeast

sexybeast Karting

Apr 7, 2008

you know what the girls say about diamonds, the same thing they say about a mans penis, it can never be to big!

22. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    You still even talk to her?

23. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Well just be prepared cause next she'll be asking for a bracelet and don't forget she still has 9 other fingers ;)

24. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I"m kinda in the same boat as you, except the roles were reversed. I ended up buying her a very nice rock, my thinking is that i'd rather go without than buying something that in my mind is less than what i want. After I gave it do her then she said that I didn't have to get her such a big rock, she said she would have been more than happy with half the stone. In my mind anything less than that and I would have felt like I cheated her.
    Damn me!!! And now our 5 year anniversary is coming up next year. Now i'm screwed, by my own standards

25. Moondog

Moondog Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    North Carolina
    Hey, this is for all you young bucks who have not purchased one of those silly things yet:

Be careful... contrary to logic... RINGS DO PLUG HOLES!