Importing an Euro spec '89 Mondial t to BC | FerrariChat

Importing an Euro spec '89 Mondial t to BC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Marco Bussadori, Jun 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marco Bussadori

Marco Bussadori Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Marco Bussadori
    Folks, wanted some help here.

The official websites state that cars which do not conform may be scrapped immediately so I want to make VERY sure that my beloved '89 Mondial t isn't just going to get shipped to get scrapped.

I converted the exhaust to include a high performance 200 CEL catalyst per bank and added 02 sensors. The car was origninally sold in France and therefore left hand drive, has seatbelts, etc.

What does one have to do to ensure it can be imported and licensed for use in Canada?

Marco

2. arium

arium Karting

Jun 16, 2005
    Port Coquitlam, B.C.
    Full Name:
    Steve H
    Being 15 plus years old gives it a free pass. You just need provincial inspection and smog if applicable. Oh ya, the whole duty, taxes and some more taxes.

You'll be just fine.

Steve

3. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    www.riv.ca

As said above, cars older than 15 years from the month of manufacture do not have to be modified to meet Canadian bumper and emissions regulations for that year. However, there are concerns about some glass, lights, etc., due to the flood of 15 year old RHD Japanese cars coming in, so for example BC has issued statements about DOT compliance requirements for headlights, windshield glass, etc.

From that RIV web site, I found this BC document about required inspection criteria that must be passed to register an imported vehicle in BC: http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/vehicle_inspections/PDF/Bulletin_02-06_Imported_Vehicles.pdf