Anybody here into Internet Marketing? | FerrariChat

Anybody here into Internet Marketing?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tsiawd1028, Jun 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tsiawd1028

tsiawd1028 Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    Just curious, IF anyone here makes a living, with affliate marketing, Ppc, or cpa?

2. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Whatcha wanna know? It's a thriving area in our web design company- much more profitable than the actual design itself.

3. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    sure, whats going on?

4. Cartman

Cartman Karting

Aug 3, 2004
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    It's not my primary income source, but affiliate marketing brings in quite a bit of extra $$ for me.

5. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I am interested in internet marketing, and read blogs about it.

6. #6 FerrariSlave, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
    What is your question? You seem to be confused with the terminology. Affiliate marketing is a very broad term with many different models and concepts. PPC would be pay per click, a slang term used for the marketing model of paying per each click. PPC when used in context is commonly referring to Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing, or Microsoft Adcenter; marketplaces where users buy listings for terms in search results that are auctioned off to the highest bidder on a per click basis. There are many other was of paying per traffic such as CPM; cost per 1,000 impressions, CPL, etc. CPA would be cost per acquisition or cost per action. This is when you're an affiliate and you're getting paid when a user signs up for an offer. There is also CPS, cost per sale, etc...

There is a lot of money in the industry, but it's a very fast paced, diverse, and competitive industry. It takes a lot of knowledge outside of basic marketing (something I feel is almost the opposite of internet marketing) and computer knowledge. It's also a very grey area right now compromised of many small niches and concepts.

Do you have a specific question in regards to internet marketing?