craigslist posting, anyone see this? | FerrariChat

craigslist posting, anyone see this?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Schatten, Jun 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #1 Schatten, Jun 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
    http://denver.craigslist.org/wan/723245956.html

I'm not in the area, but noticed this on another board and thought there might be some helpful fchat people out there in the Rockies. Hopefully there's something that can be done. My mother is in an assisted living place in Ft. Worth, and while she isn't too much of an exotic car junkie, she still loves to talk about old cars. It would make her day to have outside visitors like this, and I can only imagine these people would love the company too.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Maybe WYO will road trip over there.

I'm sure he would really entertain them with his space alien stories!

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Simply by luck of fate, my car this year toured the Houston retirement homes, instead of schools....

I was touched by the wide range of occupants, some quite alert and spry, others were VERY glad to have anyone even tell them "Good Morning" and talk with them at all..some were 'into cars', the others were just very hungry for human interaction..

To have a commitment and then not appear is beyond the pale.......that's heartbreaking....

One crowd INSISTED I do some burnouts in the parking lot, the troublemakers...:rolleyes:..then they applauded.
    Only one administrator all day complained there were "not as many cars as promised" but then she pimped us to hit a second location and threw us behind our schedule....

4. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Thanks for posting it here. I got in touch with the organizer. The retirement home is at 64th/Ward Road. I offered to drive by there. She will let me know when it makes sense. I will post the time/exact location etc so if anyone else wants to drive by then, i am sure it will be very much appreciated.

5. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    64th and Ward is very close to my parents' home (They're not in assisted living yet.)

I'd be more than happy to participate in a drive up there once I get that exhaust leak fixed. Maybe in a week or so?

6. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    I might be able to go too

7. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    We are set....below are the details.....

They will be waiting for cars to show up and we do not want them dissapointed again. They can't be in the sun too long so maximum is about 1 hour. Please try to make it and get the word out. Also, if anyone is on other boards, please post this there too. Can't hurt to have a bunch of us show up. Lets put a smile on these seniors faces.

Sunday July 6th, 3pm
    Nightingale Suites
    12825 W. 65th Way
    (Just north west of Ward/64th) -- Maquest it.

Cancelled if there is rain.

Thanks Again!
    Mark (Hotzos)

8. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    thought you sold your 355? so what do you have now or do you still have the 355?

James in Denver

9. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    #9 Hotzos, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
    Hi James

Yes i did sell the 355. I have a restored (ground up) 1965 Mustang Fastback/4 speed etc. Old American Muscle. (Not a prancing horse.....just a galloping horse!)

Cheers
    Mark

10. whatspeedlimit?

whatspeedlimit? Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    anybody know how many people are going so far?

11. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    So far, i have 4 confirmed and 5 maybes. It is tough for many folks since it is July 4th weekend. I think if we can get 7 to 10 cars, we would be great. It is more about being able to spend an hour or so having a nice personal conversation while showing our cars to folks who were probably active car nuts at some time in their past.

12. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Thanks so much for being part of the event (or for trying to be there if you are tentative at this point....)

Hope you can make it....below are directions etc per Mapquest....please post here or email me at [email protected] if you will be there.

Directions (per Mapquest)
    Nightingale Suites
    12825 W. 65th Way
    From I-70/Ward Road
    Head north on Ward
    Go left on 64th
    Right on Yank Way
    Right on 65th Way

Parking

Some parking (5 or 6 spots) at the center plus they will have off street parking coned off for cars. At this time, if we get 10 cars, we would meet the objectives. (We now have 4 confirmed and about 5 or 6 tentative.) It is going to be an interesting mix.....

Time: 3pm Sunday, July 6th. (Cancelled if rain etc is expected. We have July 13th at 11am as a fall back if weather forces cancellation on July 6th.)

Length of stay: Max is 1 hour but if someone needs to leave sooner, it is not a problem.

Thanks
    Mark (Hotzos)

13. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Is anyone from this board planning on attending on Sunday? It is for a good cause.

Let me know please.

Thanks
    Mark (Hotzos)

14. DeTomaso

DeTomaso Rookie

May 30, 2008
    Broomfield
    I am doing some work on my Pantera but I can bring my 69 Camaro for an hour. It is not a show car but it isn't bad either. I have a friend that can bring his 68 Camaro as well.

- Marc

15. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Very nice gesture Gentleman-My Applause goes out to you all. Have fun!

16. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    That is really cool Marc. Thank you very much. It is not a show....really a social event with a bunch of car guys. Old American muscle like yours/your friends are particularly interesting this weekend! Look for the orange signs as you get close to the parking area.

17. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I'll plan to be there with my 308.

18. DeTomaso

DeTomaso Rookie

May 30, 2008
    Broomfield
    My gf called them and she made arrangements for us to bring some rootbeer to go with their ice cream machine. The folks can enjoy rootbeer floats and cars. We will be there around 2:45 to get everything ready.

19. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Awesome news. Right now you are our first 100 percent confirmed Ferrari. Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing your 308. This event is shaping up nicely. We have the following confirmed:

One Ferrari 308
    Two 40s era restored Chevy pickups
    Two 60s era Camaros
    Two 60s era Mustangs
    One BMW M3 race prepped car
    One BMW hardtop/convertible
    One Maserati Quartoporte
    One Porsche GT2

We have several others who are going to try to make it (Z06 vette; an elevated monster type? pickup, 360 spyder, Porsche GT3).

Thanks
    Mark

This is really exciting to me.

20. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    I am trying to get rid of some MMT octane booster than is causing an emission sensor to throw a code, but if the car is running correctly I will be there with my Maserati Coupe' Bradley I hope to see you there!

-Mark

21. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Baring any unforeseen issues, I'll be there with the 328 GTB.

-F

22. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Wow.....this is really great guys. I just dropped off some cones for them to block off spots in the Parking Lot for us. They are really excited and also invited us to join them for ice cream sundaes during the event. Come by and talk cars with these folks even if you can't bring your car.

Cheers
    Mark (Hotzos)

23. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    A quick note to say Thanks everyone. We had 13 vehicles there today. What a great group of folks. I will post pics later. Thanks DeTomaso (for the floats as well), Bradley and Furmano from this board plus the Ferrari club was there in force. All this in addition to two Chevy Trucks, a Porsche GT-2, an M3, a Ford GT, a 65 Mustang Fastback etc. Thanks all for attending. If i missed anyone on this board, please let me know.

Cheers
    Mark (Hotzos)

24. DeTomaso

DeTomaso Rookie

May 30, 2008
    Broomfield
    Tasha and I had a really good time today. It was nice talking with everyone. Great people and great cars! Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

25. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    The best was the lady in the walker who wanted pictures in front of the 360 spider and the guy with the cane who wanted pics of himself in front of the 456.

In addition to that, the rain washed off all the dust that was collecting on the car. :D

Good times.

-Furman