any R.I. owners going to the Summer Nationals? | FerrariChat

any R.I. owners going to the Summer Nationals?

Discussion in 'New England' started by manta147, Jul 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. manta147

manta147 Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    seekonk,mass
    Full Name:
    carter petter
    Hey Gang,
    Is anyone going up to the Summer Nations in Worcester this weekend? I haven't been,but heard it's a great car show.Heading up Sunday morning if anyone wants to caravan.Leaving from Providence,then up 146.

2. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    If you're planning on coming up, give me a shout.

3. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I will be going up Sunday with the camera to take pics and maybe some video.

4. manta147

manta147 Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    seekonk,mass
    Full Name:
    carter petter
    Yep Michel I'm heading up,leaving the Prov area probally around 9:30am.And Allen not sure of the route you're planning from Plymouth,let me know if you're cutting through Prov.I'll be taking the 308 up RTE 146.
    Thanks,
    Carter

5. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    I'm headed over there today (Saturday) to check it out but since I have 3 kids that want to go it will not be in the Ferrari. I went last year in my 360 and people in the show all want you to rev your engine to hear the Ferrari sound. It was fun but there were not any exotics - mostly all muscle cars, street rods and classics and some crazy bikes. The web site is not responding now so I cant check the schedule of events, but there is part of it that takes place on main street in Worocester and the car show is in green hill park.

6. silk32

silk32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2005
    ASS MASS N.Attleboro
    Full Name:
    matt
    i might head up today or tomorrow anyone have a website link or address on where its being held at?

7. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Anyone show up? What were the crowds like this year?

8. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    I usually go but skipped this year. It rained a lot of the time so I guess it wasn't that great, saturday was the best day. It's a good time when the weather is nice. There's usually thousands of cars that attend. I'd say stick to the park only, after 6pm the show moves to Main st. in downtown and that's not the best place to park nice cars.

One car had a bit of an issue during the burnout competition this year.. http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/Dudley302/summer%20nats%2008/?action=view&current=turbomikenatssundayparkfire.flv

9. jd415

jd415 Rookie

May 16, 2008
    hmmm, ever hear of a fire extinguisher?

10. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    LOL...not with that much fuel, at-pressure, from the fuel pump. I saw that car last year - the owner might be 'out' $500 for that car had it burn to the ground.