UFC: Jackson vs Griffin SPOILER | FerrariChat

UFC: Jackson vs Griffin SPOILER

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PerryC07, Jul 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PerryC07

PerryC07 Karting
    BANNED

May 30, 2008
    Mobile, Al
    Full Name:
    Perry C
    Cote won on split decison. Decent fight.

Griffin won unanimous decision. Great fight, ups and downs throughout. Great fight, Forrest deserved the win.

Rampage showed his class at the end of the fight with his good words for Forrest, and also made jokes afterward.

Best,

PerryC

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #2 285ferrari, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Good Fight. Forrest did a great job. I think he shoud have finished it in the 2nd. He should have NOT taken Rampage down. Crazy but he didn't continue with the leg kicks. I'm a BIG rampage fan, but Forrest will be a better champ!

4. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Doesn't Rampage have an R8?

5. sdtradingguy

sdtradingguy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    It shows how MMA will continue to evolve. The kicks were sort of sloppy (IMO) and Jackson seemed untrained on how to check them.

In another 10yr MMA will be taken up another few notches and will have more "stale mates" IMO. Wait until we have kids that are Expert in JuJitsu, Judo, Muay Thai, Boxing, can shoot as quick as a collegiate wrestler, have crazy strength and no fear of getting hurt. Reward them a little more financially and MMA will be AMAZING!!! I also think the title fighters will not last as long at being number 1. They'll get injured more (in training), age faster (from years of already abuse to their bodies) etc.

-------------This is all just IMHO---------------------

BTW, quick video to show the future of the sport. It's kind of sick, I'd never let my kids do it, but wait until they are in their 20's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ftLjchXB4

6. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    yep black R8, i thought rampage would win, havent seen it yet. glad it was a good fight though!

7. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    do you guys like ufc over wec? i think i prefer wec. I thought most of the fights saturday were sort of boring. in a fight on wec i watched last week, a dude kicked a guy in the kidney and ****ed him up. first time i've seen that. that dude was in pain. then the fight before that a guy jumped on another guys back like an anaconda and choked him out. dude was unconscious. that's the kind of **** i like to see.

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    My nephew has been training Jiu-Jitsu for 5 yrs. He is 9 years old. I've been doing it for 10 years. The best training EVER!!!!! Who else here trains? Which Martial Arts?

9. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    I briefly did Jui-Jitsu as well, unfortunately I had to stop training due to my schedule. Now I am looking to start traing in Krav Maga. I didn't get to see the fight, unfortunately, but I was hoping Jackson would win.

10. sdtradingguy

Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    #10 sdtradingguy, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
    Armen,
    I train in MMA and have fought a few fights.... My kids have done classic Karate for 5yr. My son is almost 9 and he's done Karate for 5yr. I plan to let him start jiu jitsu soon. He's currently being trained by a state champion wrestler on how to shoot and take down.

Side Note- I'm not knocking the jiu jitsu for kids. I showed the fighting video to show the next generation of MMA fighters that will blow away the current levels. These kids are doing MMA and not just jujitsu. . The kids in the video are using the rules "no head strikes" so it's a lot safer.
    Some of it is borderline sick though, they let kids do head strikes, knees to the head etc

11. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    Watched the fight last night on PPV, really good fight. I am suprised it lasted all 5 rounds/25 minutes. I thought that Rampage would put Griffin out with one of his powerful punches. He looked PISSED at the start of the fight!

12. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #12 285ferrari, Jul 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    They are both owned by Zuffa----same stuff just different fighters....

Affliction Banned starts July 19th----Should be interesting to see Sylvia, Arlovski, etc fight again... Rumor is Tito Ortiz will sign with Affliction.. Big John McCarthy will be commentating the fight...

14. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Did anyone see the show "Fight Science" (if I remember it correctly) on National Geographic a while back.

They measured the amount of force Rampage hits with. With the gloves on, he measures at 1800lbs of force. Which reduces the blow by 20%. So without the gloves that's a 2300lb shot to the jaw. Surprisingly, both boxing gloves and MMC/UFC style gloves minimize the punch by 20%.

15. PerryC07

PerryC07 Karting
    BANNED

May 30, 2008
    Mobile, Al
    Full Name:
    Perry C
    I did see the show. I believe it was a contest of "which is harder" between Rampage, Bill Goldbergs "spear" in football, baseball/soccerball to the head etc.

Of all of the other variants, Rampages was the most disabling. Pretty nasty.

Over all the fights were decent. One fight I believe the fighter lost 2-2.5 pints of blood and still went 3 rounds. Granted he probably went to the hospital immediately after the fight.

Forrest deserved the win, and Rampage was a stand up in the end. Much respect for both, and I believe Forrest will be a great champion. I've already heard rumors that Liddell and others want a shot at him. Should be interesting.

Best,

PerryC

16. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Chuck has to get thru Rashad Evans first!! Rashad ain't no joke!!

17. PerryC07

PerryC07 Karting
    BANNED

May 30, 2008
    Mobile, Al
    Full Name:
    Perry C
    Yeah, that will definitely be a good fight. If Chuck goes down, it could end his tenure in UFC, if not MMA.

My wife loves Chuck, hands down her favorite fighter. We went and say Liddell vs. Tito and she just had a blast. She was rooting for Rampage just because it would make chuck look bad if he lost to Griffin. Women...

Im still waiting to see Fedor vs Cro cop 2. That was a great fight.

18. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    This sort of happens already in various combat sports. In Thailand, fighters are usually retired by the time they are in their early 20s. They have arthritis in their legs from all of the training since they were 6. I'm sure Judo takes a lot out of someone's body as well, all of being thrown around.

19. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I 100% agree with you regarding the way of the future with the kids! But I do feel getting a base of Jiu-Jitsu is a HUGE part of MMA. A perfect combo would be a Jiu-Jitsu/Muai Tai (how ever you spell it). But dont leave out a bit of wrestling too. I feel in the current MMa scene. There is no such thing as a Muai Tai fighter entering the cage/ring or a Jiu-Jitsu guy (even though the gracies still think so...) or a karate guy with just that skill. MMA these days to me is actually a whole nother form of Martail arts that is just evolving. a combination of pretty much everything.

20. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Fedor has signed with Affliction and fights Tim Sylvia on July 19th..

21. PerryC07

PerryC07 Karting
    BANNED

May 30, 2008
    Mobile, Al
    Full Name:
    Perry C
    And that's supposed to be a good fight? I consider Fedor upper level compared to Tim. I don't see that one lasting long, and if it does, it wont be to Tims advantage.

22. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    Saw it on sopcast live for free!

23. sdtradingguy

Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA

24. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    No one gave Tim a chance against Arlovski either....

25. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen