Fire Proof Safe's | FerrariChat

Fire Proof Safe's

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by merc280, Jul 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. merc280

merc280 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Does anyone know of a company that makes good Personal fire proof safes. The ones that are smaller than gun safes and are good for storing papers, and other items of value? Something with a price range under $1000.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  3. merc280

merc280 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
  4. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You said FIRE PROOF...not WATER PROOF... Do you need BOTH! Not sure you will find both in anything other than a VERY LARGE, VERY EXPENSIVE gun safe... I have never even heard of one that was water proof.

I would NOT put one in an attic personally. I would put it on a ground floor bolted to the foundation... I have two fire proof gun safes. The smaller one would be easy to put in a closet and bolt to the floor. It is made by AMSEC. I don't have a link for them or a model number for my safe...it is 15 years old now but it has sure been a good one!

Best of luck on your search!

James
    Austin, TX

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Will any media or technology be stored in the safe? If so you'll need better heat and humidity protection.

7. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    www.fireking.com

I've ordered from there before for work, a bit pricey for what you get but quality stuff.

8. merc280

merc280 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
  9. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I've had a Sentry safe for about 15 years now -- no problems with it. I have it mounted in the basement but about one foot off the ground just in case. I have a dehumidifier in the basement because I've had thousands of books stored down there at any one time. Once, a number of years ago, I thought that I had lost the combination to it so I contacted Sentry about getting it replaced and they were very reasonable about it (protected me without making it impossible to get the combination again). I would certainly purchase another Sentry Safe if I needed one.

Dr C