New Ferrari California... | FerrariChat

New Ferrari California...

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by GrndLkNatv, Jul 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
  2. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Fantastic website, makes me appreciate the look/design even more. Don't want to offend the old guard, but I like the California.

3. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
  4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just another contrived effort to boost production levels to numbers that would make Enzo turn in his grave. But it's all about maximizing profit and putting the prancing pony on as many butts, heads, shirt pockets as possible. The Ferrari SUV is just around the corner.....

5. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    I originally thought No Way, but unfortunately you may be right, Dino :mad:

6. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    If you look carefully you see that it seats four. This car will sell to the in mass quantity. May even sell better than the new Maserati Grand T.

7. katalyzt

katalyzt Rookie

Oct 3, 2005
    I agree, that is pretty hot looking. It isn't very classic looking per-say but for some reason it is still quit appealing to look at.

8. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    Any ideas on base price?

9. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    What a great website!
    I need that guys voice on my answering machine :)

10. DrueDown

DrueDown Rookie

Apr 17, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    #10 DrueDown, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    I hope I change my mind when I see it in real life, I usually do with all exotics.. but I have never had less hopes than with the California.. Goddamnit I really try to like it, but it's just so ugly?? Where's the aggressive styling?? I see more hair styling in this car than anything else :(

12. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I think this new car will definitely look far better in the flesh, just like most of Ferrari cars.

13. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    I certainly hopes so.. That tends to be the case with Ferrari's.. I remember back when I saw pics of the Enzo the first time.. I thought it was UUUGLY.. But then when I saw one, I was completely sold. And now even pics look good :)

14. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The Cali represents a new direction for Ferrari. Given the nature of the car and of its marketing its clear that they're going to a larger consumer base. The car will be produced on a new assembly line with fewer workers and it remains to be seen what effect this will have (may mean better quality and/or less of that hand made cachet).
    As far as what the old man would think, bear in mind that he always saw the road cars as a necessary evil to finance the racing. I think he's resting easy on that score.
    David

15. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Agreed, can the Ferrari Crossover/SAV be far behind.

16. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    Why?

Then Ferrari would follow Porsche's route... they dont need to.. they will keep their exclusivity whilst still selling more vehicles.

-----

I think this is something my wife would buy to replace her GranTurismo.. Other than that, it wont do more than be an alternative to the Maserati choices.

17. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    That is still way off..

18. topic

topic Rookie

Sep 23, 2007
    i love the design of this car and it looks hot, it will be even better looking on the road but its just not ferrari. I can picture this car as a maserati or somehting else but def not a ferrari. I really hope they save us with a new V12

19. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    looks like something that would come out of the Acura/Honda design studio.. .not to say thats bad, but its not a good direction for Ferrari design when we once had beautiful Italian looking cars.

20. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    It is a nice looking car, but I would love to know how the idiots in marketing came up with the name California? Why would anyone (i.e., living outside the state of CA), including myself, buy a Ferrari with California across the back and drive it on the east coast, not in a million years! It would be best if the san andres fault snapped and they floated way out into the pacific ocean and became an independent nation.

21. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    +1

22. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Beside being another "homage" we in America tend to forget that there is still cachet and allure associated with parts of the US

23. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    It will seat 4 if the 2 folks in the back are dwarfs... I believe the back seat will be used more to carry luggage and grocery than anything else...

24. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    I was thinking the same thing.

25. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    OK, but usually they are aligned with the automobile in one way shape or form (e.g., Daytona = Daytona raceway, not a state either). So can anybody name a car that has been named after a state? Don't get me wrong, I like the car, but if I owned one, both the title and the name on the back of the car would be removed, immediately.