Who'd have thought it? | FerrariChat

Who'd have thought it?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by br d, Jul 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    Just bought an F430, Rosso/Crema 56 plate with 900 miles on the clock. Will be picking it up in a week or so, traded in my 08 997 Turbo for it (plus a healthy bit of wedge!)
    Hasn't really sunk in yet, I'm sitting here at home going "Hmm, well that's nice" but when it hits me I think I will run down the street shrieking.
    Never dreamed I'd work myself into a position where I could afford such a car.

Funny old game life, innit?

brad

2. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Awsome news. Forget the cash and enjoy the ride, because i promise you, its going to be so much more enjoyable and interesting than having a Porsche. You'll never look at a Porker again (unless its for the Mrs - Sorry Hazy)

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Congrats mate, this week will be the longest ever for you though.

4. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Congrats mate and welcome to the game!

5. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheers fellas.
    I think I will miss the sheer, brutal straight line speed of the Turbo but the total package of the Ferrari amounts to much more than just 0 - 60.

I keep looking out the window and trying to picture it on the drive!

brad

6. Division

Division Karting

Jul 24, 2006
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jeroen
    Nothing beats the music of a F430 in the narrow London streets. Congrats mate. Whereabout are you located? :)

7. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    Essex, UK.

brad

8. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    cheers for that Chris :( ;) Porkers make excellent daily shi**ers, no question :)

Dear Brad

oh no you wont mate, there is no feeling on earth to compare to a Ferrari on full chat, my Strad is not the quickest car in a straight line by a hell of a long way but I would not trade it for ANYTHING purely for the way it makes me feel, its awesome. Congrats on a great purchase, we look forward to your pics and first impressions. Oh and welcome to Fchat too!!!!

Will you have it in time for the Ferrari Funday at Newbury next weekend by any chance?????

9. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    Thank you Hazy. I'm really looking forward to that special feeling, there's no doubting the Turbo is a stunning car but the Ferrari definitely gives me bigger goosebumps.
    I probably won't have it by next weekend, waiting for a private plate transfer and I think it will take longer than that. Should deffo have it by the weekend after though.

brad

10. sozzel

sozzel Karting

Jan 10, 2008

Agreed, I was a Porsche fan for many years, the sound, the subtle image, the look, after a few modern Porsches with no characterisics I got bored quickly.

I still have a soft spot for classis; 912, 930, maybe one day a 964RS... but I doubt I will go back to Porsche in the near future.

Enjoy!

11. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    Things are moving quickly. The sales guy rang me today to say I could pick it up on Friday, the butterflies are dancing in my guts now!

I had 2 Porsches before this both of which I had to wait a year build time for. It did feel good to collect them but because it was so long anticipated the big days were all rather well planned.

The Ferrari is a completely different story.
    I only really started thinking about them a month ago. I looked at a couple but still wasn't sure if I could move away from a 4 month old Turbo after waiting over a year to get it, just couldn't make my mind up.
    Was I seriously considering buying a Ferrari??!!

Then on Saturday morning on a whim I headed to my nearest dealer and bang in the middle of the showroom was the most beautiful 430 I'd seen, I had a coffee, a chat, a test drive, and 2 hours later I walked out it's owner. It all just sort of happened without me knowing, I must've subconsciously finally made up my mind! Now I'm 4 days from picking her up and and I'm experiencing the whole 'kid at christmas' scenario, I can barely sit still and am excited enough to burst!

Friday is going to be a sweet, sweet day.

brad

12. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Imagine making love to the most beautiful woman in the world :) but multiply it by a 1000 this is how you will feel on friday :) look forward to the pics mate.

13. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    look forward to seeing her on Sunday then :D:D:D

14. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    What's (and where's) happening Sunday Hazy?

brad

15. V12 Loaf of Bread

May 10, 2008
    Congratulations mate, I can only imagine the excitement!! I'm sure you'll enjoy her. :)

16. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
  17. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    That does look good and not too far from me. I won't know whether I will be working this weekend till Friday but if I'm free I will see if I can make it.

brad

18. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    Couldn't get it tonight after all but picking her up Monday 100%!
    How the hell am I going to sleep this weekend!

brad

19. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    What happened mate??