ZR1 at Nürburgring 7,26,4 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

ZR1 at Nürburgring 7,26,4

Discussion in '360/430' started by dreamcatcher, Jul 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I will say it again, great car, but GM/Chevy won't be around to make it in 1.5 years!!! Unless of course the get the great gov't/Chrysler bail out!

Robert

2. JUGRNAUT

JUGRNAUT Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    It's no Ferrari as far as looks IMO, but its definitely a bruiser. Would I take an F430 over it? Youre damn right. But for different reasons. I have a 408ci turbocharged Camaro in my garage in case i need to do any "heavy lifting", and I plan to pick up a Ferrari to cruise in as opposed to really race. Its hard to beat a 6.2 liter supercharged LS-based motor though.

I cant wait to see what they do with a blower swap or just a pully swap. 800+whp easily. Will outdo the 03/04 Terminators in ease of modibility imo. That is if eaton hasnt done anything revolutionary to make modifying it harder, like they tried to do with the GT500.

3. Dirty Evo

Dirty Evo Rookie

Mar 20, 2008
    Auburn, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve

so well put.. nice to hear a voice of reason. I don't see why people who are fans of one marque feel the need to talk down other marques... just don't get it.

4. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007

Totally agree with you, a Ferrari beating a ZR1 is at least believable. When Ferrari does beat the ZR1 time I dont think the vette guys would chuck a fuss they will just admit to it and agree. Nissan on the other hand is different, most people cant believe that the GTR was stock given that it's times has been all over the place.

5. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mullet
    fantastic video on the Ring. I counted at least 4 times when the car was airborne.

Hate all you want, I will own one sometime soon. It is what it is, a fast ass Corvette.

6. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    I'm all about aesthetics and less about performance. F cars and L cars are great looking cars. This one, not as good looking. Nevertheless, the N ring numbers are awfully hard to ignore. Moreover, if msrp falls below $100K it will make my f car ownership at least a little bit more sour.

-Peter

P.S Ferrari and lambo, pay heed and step up the game. GM, fantastic, way to show those w**s!

7. dantenfw

dantenfw Karting

Jun 2, 2004
    The next car to make a new record will probably be a GTR V-spec. Will a Japanese car get the acknowledgement it deserves if it sets the record?

I haven't read all these "Nurburgring" threads. Was there a sense of people looking down on the Pagani because it wasn't an established company? Or did it pass muster with any snobs because of its price? Either way the Corvette was faster.

8. MSKF1

MSKF1 Rookie

Apr 6, 2007
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Two weeks ago, at the Bloomington Gold event in IL, got to sit in the ZR1 and hear the rev of the motor.
    Have to admit , one mean car. Was told it has the same exact brake set up as the Enzo.

9. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007

Probably not and ill tell you why.

Nissan has a history with cheating and producing a ringers around the Nurburgring and especially with the GTR. More recently many respected drivers after having driven the GTR have commented that they find it hard to believe that the GTR can lap anywhere near 7:29. Recent performance tests also indicate that the GTR previously supplied to magazines were ringers.

10. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Awsome video, awsome car with great driving on a great track!!

11. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I disagree. I believe the SRT-10 ACR will make the next record. I suspect the SRT-10 ACR will be faster than the V-Spec as well.

12. JUGRNAUT

JUGRNAUT Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    I doubt it. While its got alot of road course aimed upgrades to it, its only 50lbs lighter than the regular version. The regular version isnt able to outrun a regular z06 by very much. A zr1 would destory it in a straight line. Which tells me the ACR still wont have the power/weight ratio to outdo the zr1. I could see the V-Spec doing it though.

13. JUGRNAUT

JUGRNAUT Rookie

Mar 30, 2008

They have essentially the same front brakes as the Ferrari FXX, and the rear brakes are basically the same as those on the front of an Enzo.

14. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    gut the interior, get rid of the exhaust system...throw on the rear wing from the C6R and throw in the sequential gearbox... man, i could have a shedload of fun on the track with this car!

15. onlyreal

onlyreal Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    oguz goker
    one way or another i want my new f430 replacement to beat these guys

if i gonna pay 500k $ to a car (taxes in my country) i want it to beat a nissan i dont care else

p,s yes i will also buy a gtr :)

16. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I know the ACR doesn't have the power/weight to outdo the ZR1. That's not why I think the ACR will be faster.

17. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007
    ACR wont beat the ZR1 in a straight line but will in a handling course. The Vspec wont beat either car, period.

18. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
  19. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Sure that's not another 'ringer' GT-R that was given to them by Nissan to use? I'll start believing the hype on the GT-R when folks start putting up times with stock vehicles running pump gas with no mods....just like they did with the ZR-1. If they can do it, then I'll be the first to say Congtraz! To Nissan for making a super car!

20. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007

What exactly is your point? The ACR dominated on the track but I would imagine that the ZR1 with more torque, more power and less weight will dominate in the strip. The GTR there got trounced by the ACR on every single imaginable performance category. The Vspec wont fare any better against the ACR. Too bad Dodge couldnt fly that monster to the Nurburgring.

21. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Watching that video (being an ex-Formula Atlantic driver non-professional), is like taking an alcoholic into a bar. Does anybody have times that a Formula Atlantic could post at the ring?

22. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    Well, considering where the Ferrari markets is now and where it was 12 months ago... I'm not sure any make is insulated anymore....

23. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    There has been some question as to whether the ZR1 time is accurate, there are some overlays on the web showing the ZR1 time to be closer to 7:44. I personally found it hard to believe that this Jim Mero pulled a better time than Walter Rohrl in a Porsche GT2 on slicks, especially given the rather wild driving style Mero has in the video. But then again the ring is a long circuit with a huge straight so the power/torque of the ZR1 may make up for some of that.

24. JUGRNAUT

JUGRNAUT Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    Maybe a very short one, i still dont see it beating the ZR1's record.

25. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Do I understand right! The ZR1 at 7:32, the Nissan GTR at 7.38, the 430S at 7.39, the 997 Turbo further down the line. There may be endless rationalizations to "do away" with the significance of such numbers, but for 90% of the ga-ga crowd, they are immensely important!! And for at least half of the ga-ga crowd, the fact the GTR costs about 40% of the 430S is equally important. In a nutshell, these performance numbers are hugely motivational. I know for a fact that Porsche is feeling the pain of having its stellar 911 Turbo dethroned by the Nissan 'godzilla' and is hard at work to reclaim the throne with a dazzler in 2010. I'd bet all my marbles Ferrari is doing the same. It's a different ballgame.