Drive to Keeneland concourse 7/19 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Drive to Keeneland concourse 7/19

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by shmc930, Jul 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    #26 RufMD, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008

You missed a great time with friends Harry :) Had a fantastic time hanging out with Isaac (nthfinity), James, Artur, "wingfeather", Matt (TN), dolce1, brian, Steve, and lots of fellow fchatters that took the time out to attend an event that will contribute a chunk of cash to the UK Children's Hospital !

Can't say enough about the Michigan gang that made the trek down to Lexington ! Really made the day memorable hanging around with like minded car nuts and the group "drive" over to the venue was memorable to say the least ! I think the early morning drive woke a few people up :)

Thanks again guys, and to all of the fchatters met, it was really a pleasure meeting all of you and the highlight of the day for me :)

2. reventlow

reventlow Guest

I couldn't figure out how to email you, so I'll post this and see what happens. You mentioned that you may be 'passively' trying to sell your Mangusta... well I'm 'passively' trying to buy one. Please shoot me an email or send me in the right direction. I'll not likely check this chat board again as I'm only doing it to look for leads on this particular car... so please don't leave a message here for me... I'll not get it. Thanks, Patrick [email protected]

3. 8KRedRacer

8KRedRacer Karting

Jun 7, 2007
    Georgetown, KY USA
    Full Name:
    Alan Bennett
    Hello Jas,

It was great to meeting you and it must have been a long day for you with your cars spread out all over the event grounds. I was very impressed with speaking with you and how you handled yourself. At times you had scores of people around you and you took the time to answer their questions and requests. Thanks for helping to make it a fun day for all!

Alan

4. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #29 Pars, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are a few pictures from yesterday. The Lamborghini Miura was the biggest surprise to me. I wasn't expecting to see one of those there, it was very nice.

I was busy "working" and trying to talk to people about Louisville's Concours, so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. The rest of the set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/slapshots/

Also, nice to see Gershwin there and nice to meet Cessnav8or and the other folk I managed to talk to before I left. The Keeneland Concours still remains one of my favorite Kentucky events to go to each year, it is a very well done Concours event and it just keeps getting better.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    nice pictures. What camera and lens?

6. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #31 nthfinity, Jul 20, 2008
    Jas, what an unbelievable day! Thank you tremendously for everything... from start to finish! Appologies for the trip being a 1-day event. The show was fantastic, the cars drove great... no, they felt perfect! I still cannot believe it :) :) :) :D

Rex, it was a real pleasure meeting you. Following you in the F50 was something of a surreal moment in life... something that occurs to me that is among the most impossible things that could happen, let alone something that we were living yesterday! I really enjoyed the stories of that car that you told. I can say it's safe to say that I've made new friends down in Kentucky.

Someday, I hope to be able to repay the favor

I'm still working on the photos, but here are a few

7. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thanks. I was using a Nikon D60 and switching back and forth between the 18-55mm F3.5 kit lens and the 50mm F1.8 lens.

Great shots!

8. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    oh man, great shots Isaac !

9. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    RufMD/nthfinity - sorry I didn't see you all at the show. Was another great one. We drove back via some back roads amongst the horse farms and it was an absolute blast.

Lexington guys name a date to get together and drive. I'll bring a group from Louisville. Jas your in charge!

Great pictures Pars - great depth of color.

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    i was amazed at great effort put forth by all for a really super presentation. my last min. effort to change interior of bora caused late arrival of three hours. terrific group of cars and people. thanks all

11. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Sounds good, lets plan a place to drive/meet/eat !

12. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Looks like a great gathering. Glad you all had a good time. Next year?

13. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Great shots Isaac.

Pars, you're using Nikon...:(

Just kidding, good shots man.

14. rext

rext Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rex
    Well its only fitting I make my first post here, certainly as a guest, in great appreciation for my fortunate friendship with Jas.I know everyone has garage envy but Jas is quite the enthusiast and very gracious with the hardware,not merely a collector.
    This was a very nice event and a good cause above all else.It keeps getting better and better. Issac, it was great meeting you and the rest of the Michigan crew.I had a great time with you all! You have a definite talent with the camera.The 612 looks like a sales picture!I personally like the action photos.The rear shot of my car looks great as well. Wheres the video.....You guys are always welcome down this way.Thanks again to all.

15. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #40 Webby, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
    Amazing pictures, wish I could have made it. The F50 is so beautiful I want to cry
    Rex if that is your silver/blue RT/10, great color choice!

16. OneFastLotus

OneFastLotus Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Looks like a great event as usual!

Great pictures, thanks for posting!

Cheers
    J

17. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Jas, thanks for the hospitality. It was a fantastic event, and I wish I would have gotten there a little earlier now--I didn't know that there was a group that came down from Michigan.

Will def be attending next year, and I hope to meet some more of you guys next time.

We'll have to formulate a big group meeting before the show and a group drive up or something...

18. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Excellent show! It was a pleasure to meet our fellow F-chatters in great quantities :) Amazing people.

I am DEFINITELY up for a Lexington run + food... just say the word!

Tom

19. 8KRedRacer

8KRedRacer Karting

Jun 7, 2007
    Georgetown, KY USA
    Full Name:
    Alan Bennett
    One thing I would love to see next year is to have all the non-concourse Ferrari's grouped together similar to Corvette and Porsche groups. There were five Ferrari's in one location and four in another. Maybe, there is a reason for this that I do not recognize. But, it seems like it would give the breed more impact and the opportunity to meet each other easier.

20. rext

rext Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rex
    I agree.That would be nice scenery and great photography.

21. rext

rext Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rex
    Webby,that is my Viper.Thanks for the compliment.Its just something different,you know?

22. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    #47 Veedub00, Jul 21, 2008
    Thanks for a most unforgettable time Jas!! We truly had a blast. You are a stand up guy and we can't thank you enough for letting us experience some of your beautiful machines. And thanks to you Rex for demonstrating the awesomeness of the spectactular F50 to me. It was the best commute I have ever had. Jas, Isaac thinks he's Schumi now, and Artur is thinking about getting rid of his Lambo hat and getting a CGT one.

Congrats on your class win Jas. The F40 is still my fav and yours is one of the best!

23. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    It was great fun...especially the trip over to the grounds ! Glad you all had fun with the cars :)

24. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Looking good Rex ! Looks like the rubber door trim was the casualty of the heat...time for me to give David at Ricambi a call :)

25. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Understandable... last year my Spider got a little wrinkle on the glove box from the heat :(

I think I was a casualty of the heat this year :) I had to leave early...