RON DENNIS WARNS FERRARI TO EXPECT MORE DOMINENCE | Page 2 | FerrariChat

RON DENNIS WARNS FERRARI TO EXPECT MORE DOMINENCE

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Jul 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Coming from the guy who spends half his time here accusing me of being a McLaren troll?? :confused:

Do you know what the term sycophant means? It is the appropriate word for the discussion at hand.

2. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Ummm...no. We are discussing Ron Dennis' comments following the German GP.

3. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I don't completely disagree with you on the issue. Whether "this type of traction control" should be allowed or not I am not sure. I think the whole idea behind banning the TC was to have more entertaining races. So it should either be banned or not. I don't see what difference does it make if it is done by radio control from the pit wall, by a computer or the driver.
    However I am with you 100% that in cases like this the teams should put their engineers to work before their lawyers, but then this should have been the case with Ferrari's floors last year and McLaren's response

4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    The FIA has a history of banning ingenious solutions if they think it's too much of an advantage for one team and thus would kill the competition. Think for example the Alfa "turbine" car from the seventies or the Williams CVT (continous variable transmission) from the nineties.

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Peter, don't forget the twin tub Lotus 88...

6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

I'm just not yet convinced that this is really giving them "too much of an advantage". AS SRT-Mike noted, the rules are pretty clear and, as currently written, do not appear to make this "system" illegal. [Although, I certainly admit that has never stopped the FIA from changing rules "as desired", so we'll see I guess.]

IMHO, the "problem(s)" with the turbine car, CVT etc was that they fell into the "OSINTOT" ["O Siht, I Never Thought Of That!] range where the rules were concerned - Something totally out-of-the-blue that wasn't even *envisaged* by the rules..... The current rules are pretty clear where TC is concerned.

And, as I said before, I haven't heard any evidence of TC.

Cheers,
    Ian

7. Denis GTPRO

Denis GTPRO Karting

Apr 25, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Full Name:
    Denis Dickerson
  8. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well in a way I hate it, because that is what F1 is turning into lately - a TVshow. Not a sport.

9. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thats for sure. You will never ever see anyone run away with a big lead again.

10. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Why are you making such a fuss about this...? post those comment's here , I'am keen to read what it is that upset's you so much.
    If you don't like him, then ignore him/it. By commenting on all the stories that emerge about him you justify the media interest in him that you all claim to despise.

11. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    No point to get into this as it would open a can of worms.

12. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    The throttle pedal is a form of traction control. So long as it is the driver in control of the system and not a computer or the pit wall, then what difference does it make?

13. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just like you did by bringing up Massa in the "Mclaren cheating again?" thread, right?

I think that calling McLaren cheaters at this early stage is jumping to conclusions. From what i've read, their solution is indeed pretty creative. I'm very interested to see what the FIA does about the situation...

14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

That was my point. He (LH) shows little class doing this post race. Name one time Kimi called out an opponents lack of driving skill after a victory. I dont recall any. Syncophants my arse. This is about winning and doing so with some class.

The comments are in poor taste. He did well and I said that yesterday. He still has alot to learn. No driver should mouth off over a simple pass like that. Lewis is a real talent.

He really has alot to learn no matter though. He needs to keep his mouth shut drive and win a title then as I stated he can be the MAN.

15. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I am hard pressed to recall anything Kimi has ever said in a post-race conference... :confused:

Winning with class...

ROFL

You new to F1??

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I could ask you the exact same question about Lewis Hamilton..why bash him in the said thread. To quote "at least that's what the arrogant little prick would have us all think",

Ok, lets have a little look at the fact's here, the thread "Mclaren cheating again" what on earth has that got to do with Lewis Hamilton.. he drives the car's!!, As far as I'am aware he doesn't build/engineer them, he may enjoy the fruits of there labour but thats it.. just wondering why you had a sudden out burst!! thats it!! ;)

17. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    yeah, I explained the word to you several times last year ..... glad you learnt a new word :)

and I also remember teaching you how to debate, you used all my arguments and logic to "try" and construct a plausible defense of the McCHEATER team and then did a flip flop when the FIA ruled against this cheating bastard

you're pathetic at the best of times and weak as water the rest, you come on here, criticise anyone with derogatory statements and basically carry on like a negative crybaby stamping his feet

you should be removed from the board until you learn how to behave with adults, you're just a nasty piece of work

18. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    #43 Senna3xWC, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
    I wonder what the mods will think of this unprovoked personal attack...?

You should look in the mirror before you start this crap with me.

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Damn, you two guys are fighting again. Funny thing is both you guys have a lot of knowledge and a lot to contribute to these forums. I wish you guys would just put each other on ignore.

20. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    attack ??

stating facts about you where you ATTACK every other poster (bar the people who agree with you)

I'll point out your personal attacks will I ??

your condescending comments towards people is both inflammatory and purile (there's another word for you :) )

you were the largest McLunken sycophant last year and then resorted to name calling :

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158530&highlight=moron&page=23

^^^ just in case anyone here actually thinks you are a reasonable person, then took nearly a year before you received a ban for it

like I said, nasty piece of work

21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I tried that but people quote him .... WHY???

22. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Tony,

I said absolutly nothing to that jerk. He simply took it upon himself to attack me personally yet again.

I have simply notified the moderators of this UNPROVOKED personal attack.

Moretti could choose to ignore me as I ignore him, instead he decides to lash out with the personal insults. I expect him to enjoy a nice and well-deserved ban courtesy of the moderators.

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    if I am on IGNORE then how are you reading my posts ??

I told a year ago and I'm telling you again ... you're a liar

keep deflecting mate, your abusive and demeaning posts to other people will get you into trouble AGAIN, Andreas will only save you so far but your condescending posts will eventually be your downfall Teddles

you berated Bill365, 355 and myself last year, we were the musketeers or the 3 stooges depending on which side of the bed you fell out of, gave a mouthful of swearing and abuse, eventually got banned for being abusive and now you're trying to cajole the mods into banning me to square the ledger ....... gee what a great plan, that will make you the big man on campus :rolleyes:

You're never funny or humorous in any way and life is too short to be an abusive person like yourself

but hey, if I'm on IGNORE then you won't be able to reply because you CAN'T read it right ?? :rolleyes:

24. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Perhaps but I think the FIA would have a hard time saying "oh, that's not what we meant when we said that...." because the way it is written, it specifically stays torque modifying devices are not allowed in one motion with gear changes, which in effect says it is allowed with a seperate motion. It would be more of a change to the rules, as opposed to a clarification, and I think at this point if they just blatantly changed the rules, then a lot of people would be crying foul. We'll see though!

25. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I like both your guys posts but IMO to be fair, Ted provides some much needed balance to the site. There were a few folks who were giving me, Andreas, Tony, Ted and Steve a lot of flak when we weren't on the crying, whinging, sour-pussing, McLaren hating bandwagon. I've said before that I just like F1. I like Ferrari. I like Kimi. I like Button, I like Hamilton, I like Kubica, I like BMW, I like McLaren, I like Honda, I like Toyota, I like other teams and there are some teams I don't like (RBR) and some people I don't like (Coulthard, Nick Fry, Luca Di Mozzarella, Alonso, etc). So generally I call it like I see it, and there was a real lot of excessive McLaren hating last year, and Ted and myself and a few others stood up to it and got lambasted on a pretty regular basis and told to go away, find another site, etc, etc.

I know Ted is pretty short with his posts and he talks like he's right all the time, but honestly most of the time he is right and people just don't like that, and they especially hate it when he's right about something that detracts from Ferrari. Ted gets blasted all the time for being anti-Ferrari because he talked crap about Schumacher. I love Schumi, he's the greatest driver ever IMO, but I also know he wasn't the quintissential sportsman and often played dirty to win - I can accept that. It seems many can't and those that can't often attack the messenger, and Ted often takes them to task when their complaints are unfounded.

But in short, I hope you and Ted and Franco don't get into another pissing match again this year because I'd hate to see any of you booted from the forum.