DISC GOLF | FerrariChat

DISC GOLF

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bennett, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Anyone on here play disc golf?

I may have started this thread a couple of years ago, so forgive me if this is a duplicate.

I play almost every weekend, I have four great courses right in my backyard and probably 10 I can drive to any day of the week.

I'm going to Ohio and Michigan to play with some friends for four days, from Cincinnati to Ann Arbor.

Just gauging the interest for what I think is a great sport.

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Sorry to bring this up but isn't that a game for stoners?

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Hackey Sack is for stoners. Disc Golf is for drunken frat boys when the weather is nice enough to leave the beer pong game in the bar :)

4. JohnMinor07

JohnMinor07 Karting

Dec 4, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John M
    LOL because it is sooo true. Unless you are such a massive stoner that you don't like the walking involved.

5. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    True, a lot of stoners play, but to be GOOD at the sport takes real skill. If you just wanna play just to throw a disc, you can do that, but if you want to be good, you have to work on your technique.

6. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    More of an ultimate fan myself. Have played disc golf a few times, there is a pretty good course about fifteen minutes away.

7. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    #7 Dilancer, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Dilancer - ever get to the east coast to play? Asheville/ Greenville/ coastline/ etc?

9. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Would love to some day. I've pretty much played every course in California. There are a few locals from that area, living here. And they say its a whole new game out there with all those trees. Just talked to Steve Rico (#3 Player in the world), who who just won the Kansas City Open and he says the courses are amazing down the east coast. Would definitely need to make a trip out there.

10. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    That's funny - I can't imagine a course WITHOUT trees!

Here's a link to some shots I took of Timmons Park Course, in the early spring so everything is dead, you should see it now, you wouldn't think you could lose a disc in the woods but I just lost another, it's THICKKKKKKKKKK, like Man vs Wild thick.

Not the best shots, wrong time of year and they're small, but you'll get the picture about how every hole is a finnesse thread through the trees, not so much a blast of a drive and open approach.

http://www.upstatedgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=132

Enjoy! :D

11. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Very cool. Holes are pretty short though. I think the shortest hole we have is about 250 feet, and they are all par 3's. And we have one of the shortest courses in So Cal. :p Now if you go to La Mirada there are some 400-950 foot shots.

12. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I just noticed this thread after doing a search for something completely separate. I'm a huge fan of the game and I also run dgcoursereview.com. If you do a lot of traveling the site should be a huge help in choosing which courses to play.

13. Sherm

Sherm Karting

Jul 7, 2005
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I used to play quite a bit when I was in school at Rutgers. They have a course there. There are only a handful of other courses that are within driving distance from where I live. I am pretty sure all my old disc are long gone, but who knows, maybe I will try to get back out there one day.

14. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Definitely get back! I'm thinking about taking a few local fchatters out to play! I wonder if they can handle the heat. LOL.