What's the most you've ever spent on a pair of jeans? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

What's the most you've ever spent on a pair of jeans?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by REMIX, Mar 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlazinBWF

BlazinBWF Karting

May 30, 2008
    Seattle;Johannesburg
    I have never been a fan of the D&G line. Euro trash always comes to mind. The Dolce & Gabbana line makes some really nice stuff but the jeans were never cut properly. A salesman at Neiman Marcus said that they finally got their act together, so I tried on a pair and they fit very well, but I ended up sticking with Dior, and my old man Loro Piana jeans. Rock and Republic also makes a really nice fitting jean, as well as Costume National.

I still like Levis the best but there are nicer pairs out there.

2. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    #77 DaudiW., Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
    D&G are simply a casual line of Dolce&Gabbana. The purpose is to be able to sell cheaper clothing, whilst still keeping their name high class.

D&G compare directly to Diesel.. much more of a casual line, but not euro-trash by any means... D&G make good sneakers and knits/shirts - you are possibly right about their jeans (i dont wear their jeans either..)
    Euro trash is more like Armani Exchange or anything similar... mass produced, made in sweat shops in China.

3. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Well, since I first started this thread, the jeans I bought that day have grown huge on me (36 waist). Went down to the Lucky Jeans store and paid $108 for a pair of 33 waists. Wow, that diet sure worked.

So, officially, $108 is the most I've ever spent for jeans. They fit like God...

RMX

4. BlazinBWF

BlazinBWF Karting

May 30, 2008
    Seattle;Johannesburg
    Yes D&G is their diffusion line, in places like Barcelona, Athens, Kusadasi, and the Cote Azure there are people are just dripping in the stuff; it's like D&G vomited all over them...that’s why I associate it with Eurotrash.

Diesel makes really good jeans they last forever, but Diesel is not really a "Haute Couture" designer.

5. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    $80 is the most Ive ever spent

6. NHeerDesign

NHeerDesign Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I've spent as little as $50 on a pair of jeans recently (Guess, and they're pretty nice, surprisingly), to $200 on a pair of second-hand (basically new) Rocks. There's a noticeable difference in quality between my <$100 jeans and the Rocks, but I wouldn't say they're worth double. Ah well... they're pretty nice. Looking to pick up another pair of Rocks soon.

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Lucky has a 50%, now about $60, off sale this weekend. Nice jeans if you can wear low cuts that squeeze your balls.

8. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Versace, around 500-600 USD ?

Ridiculous prices, I you ask me...but then again, if they fit you...

9. cszakolczai

cszakolczai Karting

Mar 3, 2008
    I've spent 90 dollars on a pair of jeans... I know thats a lot (well for me it is) but they fit better than any pair I've ever worn.

10. bpk1

bpk1 Rookie

Sep 24, 2007
    Gougoul, thats about what a pair will cost. Mine from versace were about that much. Those are my most expensive pair of jeans. In comparison to D&G prices, the cost isn's as bad. I also have a tee from versace and D&G, and they seem to be about the same quality and comfort. Prices for the tees/shirts range a great deal as well.

11. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    true religion $350

12. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #88 CMY, Jul 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

14. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Read the Gold-collar thread I bump in the B & I forum.

15. FerrariModenaBoy3

Aug 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy C
    #91 FerrariModenaBoy3, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've spent $1599.00 + tax on a pair of Carol Christian Poell Twisty Jeans from Maxfield last year (picture shown below). Those are my "holy grail" jeans.

Other pairs of jeans I own that I am proud to say are my Kazuyuki Kumagai "Attachment" Stacked U-Shape Jeans that I bought from the Archive SF for around $800 and my DRKSHDW jeans collection designed by Rick Owens.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    I just bought a pair of MEK denim last weekend and really like them. They were $250 and seem to be worth every penny. Well Made.

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    May I ask why you spend that much for jeans?

My roommate and I were discussing this a year ago probably. I usually spend $50-$60 on jeans, he spends upwards of $100+. We both feel that regardless of what you spend you more than likely wear the jeans for years and years provided you're able to fit in them. My favorite pair of jeans I bought in 2002 or 2003 I work up until last year when they developed a huge hole in the knee. It was too big to be acceptable otherwise I would have kept wearing them. So 4-5 years out of a pair is pretty good.

18. icanfly012

icanfly012 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    Barney's Co-op has their additional 25% off of Sale/Clearance going on right now. If you are near a LARGE Barney's, you should stop by. I just called in the Beverly Hills location and they have a ton of denim. While you are there, check out clothing by 3.1 Philip Lim.

19. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    #95 BAKY, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
    Stop spending money like that on jeans and you can move up to a real exotic and get out of those rice burners ;) ouch..I didnt mean to say that! LOL

20. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

Damn man. Life is too short to spend that kinda money on shoes and jeans :)

21. goin2fast52

goin2fast52 Karting

May 2, 2005
    Gainesville, FL
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Life is too short not to :)

22. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I've never heard of that brand either.

23. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe &amp; USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    do they "Feel" like $1600? :)

24. zjhoward

zjhoward Karting

Dec 15, 2007
    Full Name:
    Zachary Howard
    I think Lucky Brand Jeans are a pretty decent brand/choice. You can get them for like $50 during the half-off sales they always have, and they are one of the few companies still making jeans in America (at that price anyway).