Armani Exchange | FerrariChat

Armani Exchange

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by modena, Mar 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Anyone here wear Armani Exchange? I believe it's aimed at people 18-35. I like a lot of their stuff (T-shirts and sweaters mostly), just wondering what everyone else's opinion of them is.

www.armaniexchange.com

2. Cammarata

Cammarata Rookie

Dec 20, 2007
    I wear it all the time.. Great stuff for the price..love it.

3. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I like their stuff, but they are just an expensive Hollister, Abercrombie type place where all the clothes are extremely tight and not very good for us heavier than average people.

4. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    Very big in my area (NJ/NY). I wear it a lot, but not religiously like a lot of people I know do. I definately like their style, quality, and fit, and think it"s a step or two above Abercrombie, Hollister, etc.

5. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    I used to wear Armani Exchange from t-shirts, shirts, to sweaters. They are so nice!

I now shop at Saks Fifth Ave because of the points my dad gets from his AMEX. Since they don't have Armani Exchange in the store, I now buy Burberry. :)

I still love my American Eagle and Hollisters for everyday at home use!

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Most people buy it just to show off that over sized A/X like nouveau riche.

7. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    exactly!

They use to make great clothing
    I do own alot of their clothing,
    but nothing with any logos on it.

I hate anything with logos...

8. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    I like it, but I'm not crazy about the logo tees.

I used to shop there all the time. Now I'm just too lazy to drive 45 min - 1 hr.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I have a few jeans from them , thats all . Im much too classic for the rest of their stuff.

10. goin2fast52

goin2fast52 Karting

May 2, 2005
    Gainesville, FL
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I love A|X. I'm really skinny and a lot of their clothes fit me very well, and most are pretty good value compared to a lot of other designer brands.

11. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    I really like AX because a lot of their tops are very unique. Most have a weird cut/style to them and I can appreciate the originality.

12. Kelsa

Kelsa F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2005
    Adult Toy Land
    Full Name:
    Crazy Chinaman
    I like their blazers. pretty cool.

shirts are great, take them to a alteration tailor and nip and tuck a bit, they are perfect!

13. Kelsa

Kelsa F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2005
    Adult Toy Land
    Full Name:
    Crazy Chinaman
    i think girls will appreciate the werid cut/style more than guys.

good for clubs.

14. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    It was good a few years ago when nobody knew what it was.

Now it's mostly worn by lame guys in clubs that act like it's actual Armani.

In reality, its a licensed diffusion line. Nothing more. They have some nice stuff, but avoid the logos.

15. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Hahaha...yeah, pretty much!

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I haven’t had good luck with AX, expensive for cheap clothing. It may have just been the items I bought. Lately I haven’t been impressed with many clothes, seems like they don’t make them like they use to. I’m thinking about going to a custom tailor for everything. Why pay $250 for crap pants when I can get some of the best for not much more. American Eagle, Dillards, and Polo have been good to me on the inexpensive end.

17. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I like some of thier stuff but i'm iffy on the fit. I'm not heavy but i have long arms and I always end up having to buy like a xxl to get it to fit half way decently. I mean are italian men really that small? Also i'm not a huge fan of the huge logos either.

18. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Great range of tees. From cotton to silk blends (200? for a Tee?) Logos from the very subtle to billboard bling.

19. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Oh, yeah...the brand fits in perfectly here: http://www.hotchickswith******bags.com/ (spell "doosh" correctly and you'll see what I mean).

20. yukioson

yukioson Rookie

May 10, 2005
    AX is tacky as hell and does not belong on any male over 20 who knows anything about fashion.

21. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    +1 (unless you're from NJ ;) )

22. yukioson

yukioson Rookie

May 10, 2005
    +1 hahahahaha. I'm not elitist or anything a man can look good in clothing that is not that
    expensive. I am a designer (graphic design/architect) and have done some fashion,i have to say
    the bleach marks, tears, and god awful studs do not belong jeans of older (or anyone haha) men imo. it
    just looks like you are desperately trying to look "cool", like the guys in ed hardy tees and insane jeans that even women
    woundnt be caught in, driving around in a 430, with an orange fake tan, highlights in their hair, that i see all over L.A.
    The over sized AX logo is for the guy who want to impress people with the Armani name, which is tarnished in my opinion
    by the cheap asthetic of Armani exchange.

23. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    I see these guys everyday, and it blows my mind. Its so sad that some people just dont grow up. Let it go.

Its the comb over for the new generation

Antony

24. yukioson

yukioson Rookie

May 10, 2005
    hahaha ya i was shocked in la. Obviously these guys can afford nice clothing, but dont seem to realize that they
    would look much better in them. ohh well, to each their own.

25. FerrariModenaBoy3

Aug 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy C
    #25 FerrariModenaBoy3, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
    Armani Exchange is so 1998. Even Ed Hardy prints are dated. Fashion Aficionados don't dare to get caught wearing any of those designer labels.

To dress like you are being presented in the best way possible, it is always best to keep up with the zeitgeist when it comes to fashion. You certainly shouldn't be purchasing garments and accessories from a department store like Neimans, Barney's, Saks, etc. Most of the clothing they carry are for work professionals which are worn mainly around the office. But what about Evening engagement wear, red carpet and nightlife? Clothing label they carry are to easily accessible and they certainly are not made carefully by hand and not with the best fabric or leather available.

To be a discriminant consumer (such as us Ferrari owners), part of being in a high base clientèle is to know where the exclusivities are. Clothing stores like Maxfield, H. Lorenzo in Los Angeles, and Atelier in New York is where to go. Other countries I recommend going L'Eclaireur in Paris, the Library in London, and Eastern Market if you are in Melbourne Australia.

Here are some list of designer label I would start out, but I must remind you that most of these designers are catered to more body conscious individuals:

Carol Christian Poell
    M.A+ by Maurizio Amadei
    Avantindietro by Maurizio Altieri
    Rick Owens
    Gustavo Lins
    Attachment by Kazuyuki Kumagai
    Label Under Construction by Luca Lurini
    Ann Demeulemeester
    Damir Doma
    Number (N)ine
    Thom Browne
    UnderCover
    Mihara Yasuhiro
    Isaac Sellam

You can expect prices ranging from $500 to $18,000 per garment. Leather pieces can cost up to $40k per outerwear.

-Andy