Cars and Coffee PA Edition - Pictures | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee PA Edition - Pictures

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Alxlee, Jul 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Nice job Alex. You're getting better everyday. You really missed a great drive.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Good time was had by all I hope.

The 550 was pretty amazing, I have some soul searching to do on this one.

Mike, sorry about the 328, I'm sure the guys at Dick's shop will fix you up better than new.

Jon - thanks for planting the 550 in my head.

DM

3. Fadiboy

Fadiboy Karting

Apr 23, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Dave,

Keep your 360. That's my vote anyway. Oh yeah, you didn't ask me....

Dave

4. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Alex nice pics...you should add the caption under my pic "...Should I hit a deer today or not?"

What an eventful day, great drive on the back roads.......until I met my little, now dead F*&#'ing friend bambi. Now Alex if you only had taken some action shots of the deer I smashed into today as it slid along the ground and vanished out of sight that would have really been the highlight of the day.

Looks like Monday I'll be heading over to Karosserie to have a new bumper put on unless I can convince Rick at Algar to hand over the front bumper from the 328 they have on the lift there or maybe Dave can work that into his 550 purchase or something.

I look at it this way....atleast its better then get'n eat'n by that lion Bob Craig talked about today.

Mike (with a damaged bumper from F*&#'ing bambi !!)

5. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Mike- The other caption is Ferrari One Deer Zero. We are all really sorry about today's spoiler. I also had a bit of a mishap on the ride back with the guys. Driving down the winding roads a miniature bolder was on the side of the road and took out my rim. Luckily, the air stayed in the wheel and we were not to far from Delaware approaching the lunch stop.

I’ll be taking the wheel in next week to get a new outer rim. In the grand scheme of things I was lucky not damage to the car. Sooo soory about your 328

6. SATedeschi

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    #7 SATedeschi, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #8 turbos7903, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
    Steve sorry about the Boulder. Here is the info promised

Check out this website for HRE wheels. http://www.wheelwarehouse.com/m-23-hre-wheels.aspx?pagenum=1
    Check out this website for contact information for Sports Car Tire of Wilmington. The owner is Les Tronzo. You can tell him I referred you. He will probably only charge you 2x the retail then!! Good Luck Jon
    Sports Car tire http://www.sportscartire.com/

Mike sorry about the Deer. no help from me on this one

Alex how do you catch me in so many animated poses?? or am I just always animated??

Dave. Dont forget who's idea it was in the first place. She's a beauty. Call me so we can discuss my impressions. I drove it after you quickly left. Clearly to avoid a spontaneous decision? Jon in Delaware

8. SATedeschi

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Thanks Jon

and Yes you are always animated. That's why we like you so much

9. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Absolutely.

I bailed so as to put some space between me and the car, and so I could immediately drive the 360 for comparison.

Hmmm.......

DM

10. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Obviously you're going to be driving a 550 next Saturday...

11. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Thank you! I was in a rush to get home and get rested for a party down in Chesapeake City. Good thing...just got home.

Those are HRE's? Might try contacting them directly too. Also, there's a Lotus forum member that might be a sponsor here also (don't quote me on that...I've seen him advertise here too but don't recall if he's a sponsor) that has in the past given good prices on HRE's. His site is: http://www.buxtonmotorsports.com/custom-rims.php (His name is Brian Buxton).

LOL, glad to see you took the wheel damage with some humor. I guess today was attack on Ferrari days.

Jon, I'm just good like that. Call me Ninja Photog from now on.

Second. Dave goes to the school of Jon and Joe M.

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nah.

I'm back and forth on it, but for the moment I'm in the 360 camp.

DM

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Dave,
    Its a toss up for sure....I Dont miss my 360 after the sale to buy the 550 Barchetta but then again I did buy the Porsche GT3 which is kind of a 360 replacement. Tough call. Jon

14. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    OK, someone really needs to give me a ride in a 550 to see what all the fuss is about. BTW, how bad was your bill yesterday? I wished I had caught your expression when you were handed those papers!

15. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #16 turbos7903, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
    Alex, $3300 for the Windshield replacement (thanks for insurance coverage minus a $250 deductable) and $1100 for the rollover valve replacement,two gaskets replaced requiring gas tank draining and removal. Actuaters on front shocks checked for compliance and the overfill valve in the fuel hose inlet replaced. Plus of course the blood sucking tax man for $250. Man do I love living in Delaware. Unfortunetly sometimes we must venture out to the taxing provinces that surround us!! Jon in Tax Free Delaware

PS ALGAR did a first class job of scheduling the parts arrival before asking me to bring in the car avoiding delay,Mark Cedrone was very helpfull early on in the process and Patrick the new Service writer was very professional. The installation of the windshield was flawless and that couldnt have been an easy one to install considering the Barchetta and all the trim work and support around the frameless windshield. Two Thumbs Up for ALGAR service.

16. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    $3300 for a windshield replacement? WOW. Is it a diamond reinforced windshield?

17. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Oh, that's not ~that~ bad. From the look on your face I was expecting to hear some ridiculously higher number. I guess this means no more fuel smell! Sounds like you got great treatment from them as usual. I know we (your entourage for the day) did moping around the showroom for a couple hours!

Who wants to be the first to open a qualified high end service shop in Delaware? Maybe get Algar to open a remote location?

18. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Its made with Italian hands in a small town called Maranello Italy. They mix by hand the sand and the Silcon and then put it in a wood fired oven with a large flat wooden spatchula. They all drink wine and sing songs and then Sophia Loren does a special favor for the "head" chef ( Glassio engineero) and the glass emerges from the oven like the birthing of a child from the Womb. Its quite spectacular really. Its amazing they dont charge more. Jon

19. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Do they cook the pizza before the windshield?

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Your confused....Pizza is an American dish.

21. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Oh. please forgive me :)

22. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    And after sitting on it for a while?

23. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Does anyone know what road we were on when I hit the deer? The insurance company asked and frankly I have no idea where we were and how we got to Algar. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Mike

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Goshen Road near the intersection of Providence Road in Willistown Township, Chester County. You were heading EAST.

There ya go.