San Diego Drive | Page 3 | FerrariChat

San Diego Drive

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by gbrown37, Jul 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Akashyap

Akashyap Rookie

Jul 25, 2008
    #51 Akashyap, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
    I'm sorry I could not make it today.

But,

I went out on the most amazing drive perhaps of entire driving experience of 150000+ miles over 10 odd years.
    This drive was 120+miles on CA-79 and then further on CA-78 to the Anza-Borrego Desert National Park.

It was surreal, and i really really really gunned the baby merc c230. It was fun and is a must do for anyone who is new to San Diego area.

See you next time guys

-Akashyap

edit: Nice collection of cars on the photoset. Kudos to all.

2. luckydynes

luckydynes F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    CA and OR
    Full Name:
    pit bull

Mid-September???? Are you nuts? It's like sex . .. . how can you wait that long? LOL . . . How about mid next week early a.m.?

Anyone PM me if you want to tag along . .. I'm warning you though . .. I'll probably wear shoes and won't sandbag like I did yestereday (just kidding . .. perfect pace guys . .. safe) :).

Also there are some new roads I'll introduce you too on the way.

Cheers all

3. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
  4. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    that's a hot trunk....is there any junk in it?

wait, is it still a trunk if there is an engine in it? lol

5. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    I actually thought about that right after I posted it...I'm still not sure. What would you call it otherwise - an engine compartment?

6. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
  7. Jeff SD

Jeff SD Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    San Diego
    #57 Jeff SD, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Thanks! Hope you can make the next one!

9. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    Sean, were you running racing fuel? Sure smelled like it

10. luckydynes

luckydynes F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    CA and OR
    Full Name:
    pit bull
    A little Avgas and Marvel Mystery Oil

JeffSD your blue Lambo looks sick!!! I can only imagine what that sounds like after hearing your V10 car setup :).

11. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I think it was fun had by all. Really enjoyed hanging with all of you for the afternoon.

12. Eaniemeanie

Eaniemeanie Rookie

Jul 2, 2007
    Hey guys,
    I'm not much of a poster here (1?)but there are photos of you guys on some of the photography websites that frequent Palomar. I organized a run with the Rennlist guys last June 21st, since I was bored of driving up the Mountain alone every weekend. Anyways, Rick Clemson is one website, and kneedownphotos is the other (I'm not posting the websites since I do not have any affiliation with them, but you can google the names and find them). I gave the kneedown guy a heads up last time and he hooked us up with some nice photos. (I think he missed you guys but the other one didn't.) They needed to know in advance so they were not snapping pics that were sized for motorbikes.

Looks like you guys had some fun. Maybe next time I'll try to go with you guys.

It's always good to look at the websites to to see how many CHP are there the week before since they take photos of them too.

I think I was the first P-car in the June 21st photos on the kneedown website.

13. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    Any photos?

14. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
  15. Akashyap

Akashyap Rookie

Jul 25, 2008
    hi

i just bought '08 accord coupe v6 ex-l belize blue black interior. what an amazing car it is!!

i'm dying to go to a nice stretch of road to sample it properly. Any suggestions for short-mid size ultra good drives in around san diego or zip 92126