Stereo work | FerrariChat

Stereo work

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by krtrcr, Jul 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. krtrcr

krtrcr Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    I'm looking to upgrade the system in my car and wondering if there are any recommended shops/installers. I live in Highlands Ranch. I did a search, but the related threads were a pretty old so I thought I'd ask for a fresh set.

Thanks in advance
    Russ

2. Club Auto

Club Auto Guest

Mar 31, 2008
    Lakewood Colorado
    I would recommend CarToys in Park Meadows for that area. I would try to go to Charlie at the Littleton one if you can. A little further drive but he will take good care of you. Tell him Mike B referred you.

3. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    I went to car toys and there FERRARI expert came out to my car and couldnt figure out how to open the door, hehe.

I have heard good things from them also and would check them out. They have a book with a lot of work they have done and know what they are doing in the car. (not how to get in the car or drive it!)

4. dreams_and_aspirations

Jul 15, 2006
    Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Most CarToy's guys couldn't figure out why a car has three pedals, but they sure as hell can figure out the acoustics of anything.

The significant other wanted three subs in the H2 because...well, she could, and the guy flat out told her that it was a wast of cash.

This was about two years ago, but if they could get a quality guy like that then, they had damn sure better have held on to him (Littleton). A low level installer with that kind of integrity is pure money, never had to deal with the management, though.

5. negers325

negers325 Rookie

Jul 9, 2007
    earth
    try highline car audio. they have done a bunch of ferrari and lambos in the area.

6. Club Auto

Club Auto Guest

Mar 31, 2008
    Lakewood Colorado
    Highline is very good. They are all a bunch of the old school CarToys guys that left after they cut pay. Its a little far being in the Commerce City area but worth the drive. If you want to drop off your car at Club Auto in Lakewood at 11100 W. 8th Ave, Highline will come pick it up to do work or do it there if easy. That may be a better option. If you decide you want to look at this option call me. I work at the Museum just about every week day.

Mike B
    303-929-1998

7. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Just shoveled this thread out of the dark for a bit of an update...

Highline Car Audio (http://www.highlinecaraudio.com/) Is apparently no longer taking new customers.

SBS Electronics has several good reviews on other forums, so I decided to take one of my cars there. I will let you all know how it goes. Just getting a head unit re-installed, so nothing too major. Good test regardless. Owners name is Josh. Nice guy. http://caraudiodenver.com/

Cheers,
    Ricky

8. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Make sure that the company you use has worked on aluminum cars before and will not be using metal screws as the corrosion damage that metal on aluminum will cause will make living with a mediocre stereo system seem like a minor inconvenience.