Limerock FCA next weekend | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Limerock FCA next weekend

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Saint Bastage, Jul 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FormulaRacer

FormulaRacer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2003
    #26 FormulaRacer, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
    Had to run with the crappy Bilsteins instead of the new Ohlins, but it was fun, enjoyed the track, but the car handled horribly due to the old shocks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JoyJYsbnXU4

2. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    #27 Steve King, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had a great time at LRP Saturday but only met a few Fchatters. I think we need to get a designated meeting/intro place next time at the track so we can meet/greet each other. Well , great day with a good turnout. I only saw 2 misshaps and one was a big loss. So until Vintage weekend I'll see ya .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Nice video, the track was super slippery, I think the heat brought up the oil in the new pavement

The new pavement is very nice & smooth everywhere

I managed several 0:59 but the track was just too slippery to go all out

4. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    I was on the track when that accident happened. I came around the esses flat out and everything was dead stopped. Had to do some panick braking to avoid a pile-up. I think the corner workers were asleep. The track was completely blocked. They should have red flagged everyone. I didn't even see a yellow flag until I was almost on top of the incident. I was the third for fourth car there. And the cars kept coming in hot. We were all just lucky it wasn't worse.

On the track, that car looked bad, but not totalled. When I saw it later on the flatbed, I changed my mind. Thank goodness, that was the only serious situation. The others over the two days were just mechanical breakdowns, and a flat tire.

All in all, it was a great event. I really enjoy the FCA events. Great people, great cars, lots of track time and lots of fun. Really looking forward to Watkins Glen Labor Day weekend.

5. FormulaRacer

FormulaRacer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2003
    #30 FormulaRacer, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
    Corner workers were definitely lacking.

The track was definitely slippery, but overall I liked the pavement better than before for sure. Requires a different line.

They definitely should have done 3 different run groups per hour, instead of 2 runs groups, swapping twice every other hour.

The run groups were so packed, I could not get one clean lap...I got a clean warmup lap on cold tires at like 75% throttle and did a 1:01 in the 355ch.

When I combined clean parts of the lap I was doing 58's, but the car is good for 56-57 once I get the Ohlins on.

My friend just got that 997 cup car that was there, and he was doing 58's...that car is FAST! (only his 3rd time on any racetrack)

6. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    +1 I was told today by someone who attended that the current track/flaggers are not from the "original" LRP if you will.....he said there were new faces as many of the old crew did not want to work for LRP Club....whats up with that????
    He was also on the track when that 360 lost it and mentioned coming out of big bend into the esses all of a sudden dead stop and that the run offs were all "muddy"...forcing people to dead stop on the track itself.
    He felt there were way too many cars there...???....were there???...Hows the new configuration???..cant wait to get back up there.
    Regards
    S

7. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    There where corner workers???? Bob Coates was right in questioning the quality of the Limerock Club corner workers....

8. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    Really!! If you can even call them that. They did nothing, literally, the whole day. I was parked near the station just before the left hander. Someone ran off the road in the left hander. It took the old lady (she looked like she was well into her 80s) working that station all alone over a minute to get up from her chair, find the yellow flag and get to a position to show it. She held it out and barely waved it, but was standing so far back from the edge I doubt anyone saw it. Seemed to me the rest of them were no better.

9. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    Ouch! Where did he lose it?