Anyone seen this film yet? | FerrariChat

Anyone seen this film yet?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by It's Ross, Aug 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    #2 nopassn, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    From the Motorsport Collector site:

An advance copy of the long-awaited DVD 'Can Am - The Speed Odyssey' arrived here at The Motorsport Collector Friday afternoon. After watching the 95 minute program from start to finish, I'm also happy to report that it lives up to the standards set in the Preview supplied to us in 2007.

According to the Producer, the master copy has been sent to the duplication facility. We've been told to expect delivery of our DVDs within two weeks.

Coincidentally, We expect delivery of the 'Can Am Thunder' DVD around the same time.
    As far as I know, Jeff and I are the only two people who have seen BOTH these programs so far and I can honestly say that there is very little (if any) duplication and, in fact, the two programs compliment each other nicely:

- 'Can Am - The Speed Odyssey' is priced at $34.95 and consists almost entirely of archive footage of Group 7 racing aquired from some very exclusive collections and a fine narration by Sam Posey and Jim Hall. Running time is 95 minutes.

- 'Can Am Thunder' is priced at $29.95 and uses period and modern day race footage along with commentary by Can Am guru Pete Lyons, Shadow and Ti22 Designer Peter Bryant and interviews with all the living Can Am Champions (Surtees, Follmer, Oliver), Jim Hall and Vic Elford. 'Thunder' runs 110 minutes - plus 40 minutes of extensive interviews with Lyons and Bryant that are included in the disc's 'Special Features'.