Cars and Coffee - City of Industry | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee - City of Industry

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by blacknight, Aug 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    #1 blacknight, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
    I like to invite you guys to Cars and Coffee at City of Industry this Saturday 8/9th at 8am. All cars are welcome. It started couple months ago as a Porsche event but slowly has grown to include other marques as well.

All cars are welcome to come by between 8-9:30am. This is a monthly event - 2nd Satuday of the month.

KRISPY KREME DONUTS
    1548 So. Azusa Avenue
    City of Industry, California 91748
    On the western perimeter of the Puente Hills Mall
    (626) 964-5044
    Take the Azusa Ave. (south) off ramp from the 60 Fwy.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/13213_PCA_SGV_Industry_Meet_porsche_fronts.jpg
    http://www.pcars.us/albums/13345_PCA_SGV_Industry_Meet_Ferrari_and_Porsches.jpg
    http://www.pcars.us/albums/13347_PCA_SGV_Industry_Meet_Gary_s_NSX_and_Danny_s_C2S_c.jpg
    http://www.pcars.us/albums/13352_PCA_SGV_Industry_Meet_996turbo_and_Corvette_z06.jpg

See you there.

-Rich

2. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    OMFG.......do we really need ANOTHER with the same name?

3. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    There are tons Jay. I don't quite know what the big deal is. Everyone goes to see cars and have a good time. Not a big deal about the name.

4. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It's our event I know it's a great name for a Saturday morning car show but when there's these many in southern california and then you start hearing about them all over the country it kind of gives you the feeling like their stealing our idea. Could you imagine if somehow the organizers had copyrighted the phrase they could be rolling in the benjamins but it would defeat the meaning behind the name.

5. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    I totally understand... Like the one we have here in La Canada its not really called "Cars and Coffee", in fact I have no idea what its called. But we just call it cause its catchy. I really can care less about the name, I go for the people and the cars.

6. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #6 nocturne1, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
    It's funny - not one show in SoCal wanted to call itself Cars & Coffee until the C&C show at PAG started. Now it's somehow the only name anyone can come up with. First Valencia, now Industry. Other states, I have no problem with (and hell, maybe even NoCal). But 35 miles away? Come on....

Why not come up with an original name for the new show.... like Donut Derelicts ;)

Or keeping with the city naming style...

City of Industry
    Show of Transportation
    :D

7. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Who is "our" ?

G

8. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    My bad - didn't know it is copyrighted. Doing a search in google reveal a lot of variations.

Whatever it is...

cars and coffee
    coffee and cars
    cars and donuts
    coffee and donuts
    cars and people

Just want to see some nice cars on Saturday morning without drama. Open invite to all. :)

9. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    No idea about copyright or whatever - I just know that there are a lot of people who put a huge amount time and effort every week into making the show happen. For others to leverage off the name for whatever reason just doesn't seem right.

10. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    I still call it the "crystal cove type show" =)

11. Superior Shine

Superior Shine Karting

Jul 4, 2006
    Arcadia, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Nice! Something near me!! I have never been the orig. C&C. Too early and too far.

12. waltferrari

waltferrari Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Walter Lima
    Why can't we just have fun with fellow car enthusiast instead of arguing over name. Who cares who came up with the name first. Let's just have fun.

13. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    +1

14. fu03steve

fu03steve Rookie

Apr 12, 2008
    Alta Loma
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +2!!

15. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I just meant that it seems that the name cars & coffee started with the show at PAG and now these type of shows are everywhere. Basically I'm with Jay on this. So much time and energy is put into the show at PAG that that name should really just be at the PAG show. Since the PAG show is my local show a long with a few other on here thats what I meant by it but I know that there are people that this isn't their local show.

Just my .02

16. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    There's 1 "Cars and Coffee", even if it's not as great as Crystal Cove. The others are just gatherings.

17. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If car enthusiast like me wants to get together with others one morning while drinking coffee,

that's Cars and coffee to me regardless of the location.:)

18. patricko

patricko Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Patrick O'Neill
    It is confusing to use the same name for a similar event that is 30 miles away and on the same day and time.

19. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    Cars & Coffee (PAG) has become such a recognized name because of the efforts of John, Tom, and so many others dedicated to making this what it has deservedly become. The name isn't what made it successful, but I do acknowledge that thanks to the volunteer efforts of some that now the name has "currency". I can see why others would want to use it, and why others might feel protective.

My concern recently is that it has become too big and too diluted. And don't get me started about "for sale" signs. I wonder if other events will help or hurt this situation...

I know I still look forward to going early Sat mornings to meet/make friends and talk cars!

William

20. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Fchat doesn't allow me to change the title on the thread. :(

It is officially 'Cars and Donuts at City of Industry' this Saturday August 9th at 8am. ;)

21. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    +1

But now it is official 'Cars and Donuts' at City of Industry. ;)

22. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    i LOL'ed.

23. eklover

eklover Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2006
    From AK, now in CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    There is Cars & Coffee Las Vegas, Cars & Coffee Omaha, and I'm sure many more...

How many cars show up there @ Krispy Kreme? I will have to come check it out!

24. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan