Woo Hoo! My Mondial t cab is worth $100K! | FerrariChat

Woo Hoo! My Mondial t cab is worth $100K!

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JF308, Aug 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    #1 JF308, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
    Gotta love State Farm. Just received a "premium adjustment" in the mail doubling my insurance on the 89 Mondial t cab. No prior notice, and my local agent knew nothing either. Net is that they have adjusted the value of the vehicle to $100K !! and the premium accordingly.

So, I tried to sell it to the agent for a bargain basement price of $75K, an instantaneous $25K profit for him, and he didn't bite....what a surprise. YET he cannot manage to "fix" the valuation to something reasonable, so I am now looking for another insurance company.

What a beauracratic joke.

Should I simply go with Hagerty?

John

2. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    Yes go with Hagerty, I have been very happy, of course my 308 is only worth a fraction of yours

3. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Maybe you could replace your fuel lines with some used ones. 100K is a lot of money.

4. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    #4 JF308, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    Those are some awesome pics! I love the mountain backdrops w.the all red but different models :cool:

6. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    That is some serious beauty!! Thanks!

7. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Snake Farm is an absolute greedy and cowardace company. One of their customers hit my wife and they just wanted to fight, fight, fight and never pay for the actual damages (it was 100% their drivers fault and he admitted that angrily in a pre-deposition). They have a whole team (the green team they call themselves) that have instructions to not be reasonable and to refuse to pay damages.

I am sure that all insurance companies try to make money, but this particular company is unfairly practicing that craft.

Try Allstate, Country Companies, or Hagerty. All I have had good luck with.

8. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Stunning pics and as my car has tin on the roof is it worth more??!!!!!

9. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    Had the same result with the State of Michigan on the cost of license plate renewal for my 1989 Mondial t. They based the cost of the plates on value of the car at time of original purchase---which they say was $117,000. Go figure.

10. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    I hear Maine is the same way

11. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Funny, most people's complaints about insurance companies are that the insurance company is undervaluing the car. I don't know what the laws are in your state, but if you insist on devaluing your Mondial, I think you should start by finding another agent. A lot of the perceived B.S. I have seen people encounter with insurance companies has turned out to be agents bluffing them to try and extort a higher premium.

12. K Cuv

K Cuv Karting

Apr 22, 2008
    New York
    Full Name:
    Kyle Cuviello
    what are they really going for?

13. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Keeping in mind that you location is a big factor in your rates...

Hagerty just this month quoted me $785/yr to insure my 328 for $60k. Their quote also included a slew of useage restrictions.

My regular insurance comapny (Erie Insurance) charges me $480/yr to insure the 328 for $60k (and they do their own appraisal to back up the value) and my only driving restriction is less than 8500 miles per year.

It pays to shop around. I had State Farm before I switched to Erie. State Farm used to be tops in service and rates - I was a customer for over 20 years - but their service has declined drastically and their rates went through the roof in the past few years.

14. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Stunning pics, but 348 wheels on the T?

15. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Not to worry, I have the original Mondial t wheels... I wanted 17's, and in my personal opinion, like the look of the 348 wheels on the Mondial t. (I am sure other folks might have a different opinion, but beauty is in the eye of the owner, I suppose).

:)

J.

16. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    I happen to really like the look of the rims. I have 360s on mine and they look great but the 18s on an 89 are too big. The owner prior to me swaped them out and sold the originals idiot! I am actually looking for a set of 348 based on your photos. Any rubbing issues? Any thought on selling your original rims? I get comments as well from purist regarding my rims but its all individuale taste.

17. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    I forgot, in my opinion the Mondial T is worth 100k every time I am behind the wheel.

18. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    Geico insures my Mondial t and Chevy truck for $480/yr, but I carry no comprehensive on either.

19. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    Sold my 91 Mondial T for 80k last year. No joke.

Oh and it was due for it's $10k engine out service...of which the buyer was fully aware of.

So I guess 100k is not quite so far fetched after all.

20. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Sorry for the delayed response. Was just now browsing some old threads.

No rubbing issues. Tire shop spent quite a bit of time with me ensuring proper circumference, and dry fitting the rims with some old used tires before we ordered. The lugs are different lengths, and we had to double check those, too, to ensure they didnt interfere with rear e-brakes.

As for selling the originals - nah. I, like you, think that these cars need to have all the original equipment available for the next owner or show. I keep all mine even if temporarily unused/replaced.

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I have seen 2 Mondial with 18" chrome and they looked like $1M...1 had the 360 wheels and the other had aftermarket...a guy in my neighborhood has 19" on his Mondial and the same on his 328...I would go with 18"...you will love them

22. randyleepublic

randyleepublic Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Beautiful Reno
    I pay about $800 per year for my Mondial T, but no restrictions at all. Not sure what they value it at though. I only paid $35k, so they couldn't be too far off.