Scuderia For Sale ... $465K | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scuderia For Sale ... $465K

Discussion in '360/430' started by jeff, Jul 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    There's no heavy metal disc (flywheel) attached to the crankshaft like on nearly every other car. The CGT engine's rotational mass is very small. It revs and shuts down nearly instantly... like a motorcycle. Pretty amazing for a V10.

2. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    thats very true.. and its good you noted it. But lets be honest, the only thing that will keep the 430's value up is if people who buy them love them so much that they refuse to sell them. They are not as rare as the 360CS, so I can see the CS becoming more desireable in the near future.
    I have had the beautiful opportunity to drive and experience a 250GTO and can safely say that it is harder to drive than the light flywheel'd Cgt... But that is what makes it a special sports car - it demands respect and skill from its driver. . . The CGt will become much of the same, "special car" the GTO has become.

Ferrari have been changing ever since the GTO was launched.

3. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    pretty amazing for a street car....

4. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    yes there is, it is required for the clutch. (of course) it is small and light compared to, say what you would find on a stock LS7 but it is there and isn't of insignificant weight.

yes it's incredible. IMHO it crosses the gap between engine and musical instrument. :)

5. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Funny you should mention that. I rev'd my CGT for a musician friend and he almost had tears in his eyes. He wants to sample it a different RPMs to use in a new song. Surprisingly my CS didn't get the same reaction. The CGT sound is very clean, and the instant revs almost unworldy for a car. The CS is close, but not as clean and fast... and it's a V8 vs. a V10!

When driving, the instant revs allow you to break traction instantly as well. You just need to be aware of that when driving, and use it to your advantage. The instant on/off throttle response is one reason the CGT is so fast on the track.

6. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    i'd love to hear that song!!

7. frankyferrari

frankyferrari Karting

Mar 17, 2007
    Bay Area, california
    Full Name:
    Frank Malek
    I am sure you have driven both cars thus such strong point of views.

8. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Ferrari NB has a Red/black Scuderia with Yellow calipers for sale. For the same ballpark $, I think I'd rather go with the 599. Does anyone else think this way about it?

9. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    that's interesting since they are completely different types of cars. i don't see how a serious buyer for one of them would consider the other at all.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, heck, I'm in no rush! Thank you very much! :)

11. iceman996

iceman996 Karting

Nov 20, 2007
    #36 iceman996, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
    I think a fair price for a BRAND NEW Scuderia should be no more than $350-375K regardless what options it has. We all know we can't get it for MSRP, but $375K should be the MAX.

12. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    please enlighten us how you arrived at this fair price?

13. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    Well, fair enough.. But I only have to drive one of the cars to say what i had said.

I own a GT2 (997) direct rival for the Scud and i've driven a 360CS whilst experiencing a Cgt a few yrs back. Point A: I would not pay anywhere near 250k for a GT2 (i paid significantly less than 250k), so why would i pay 400k for a Scud? B: I think the 430S is better by small margins, compared to the 360CS, and the 360CS has held its value at 200k+ (which, for me is still not worth it until the car has aged abit more.) With that said, it is still not justified to pay 400k. . . Lastly, if a Cgt is obtainable for the same money, then something is over-priced, dont you think? Scud has the performance, but thats it.... Murcielago has that same performance (not sure about track) whilst possessing even more luxury at the same time. Cgt requirs more finesse, and is worth that money so long as the driver has the interest.

14. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I believe you can find one for that price at Ferrari of Newport California. Best

15. frankyferrari

frankyferrari Karting

Mar 17, 2007
    Bay Area, california
    Full Name:
    Frank Malek
    Daudi,

I understand and at many levels agree with you. I am baised toward the Scud and for MSRP I think it's worth the price.
    I would find it hard to pay 400k for a Scud because now you have many other options available to you. Thanks for your
    perspective and hope we can debate other topics soon.

Best - Frank

16. iceman996

iceman996 Karting

Nov 20, 2007
    #41 iceman996, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008

Because I think $50K mark up should be the max(assume original sticker for a loaded one is between $300K-325K).

17. EVONick

EVONick Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    What if the dealer disagrees with your assessment of what a fair price is, and asks $100K over?

18. JChoice

JChoice Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    JC
    Tipo owns a CGT and a CS among many other cars and knows the market very well. I think we can agree that the Scud is not twice the CS experience. The debate here is not about which is the best driving machine- by those standards, the Enzo, F40, and just about any classic car is completely overpriced. We are talking about class of car, collectibility, and value over time. The CGT is a much more historically significant vehicle and is in a higher class of car than the Scud.

You keep mentioning that you've driven both: why don't you give us your driving impressions? I would really love to read a detailed comparison between the two.

19. iceman996

iceman996 Karting

Nov 20, 2007
    The answer is simple: that is not a fair price. Wait till 2009 you can find a low miles 2008 F430S for $375K almost anywhere.

20. EVONick

EVONick Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    What if other consumers disagree with your assessment, pay the $100K over, and you can't get a new one to your spec?

What they're worth next year is irrelevant if you want one now.

21. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    #46 mousecatcher, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
    it was really a rhetorical question. what makes $50k fair? why not $49k? why not $1.00? what you really mean (whether you realize it or not) is, that's the most YOU want to pay.

a fair price is $1 cheaper than someone else is willing to pay.

22. kole

kole Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2005
    +1

23. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    I have a CGT and a CS, but as much as I like the Scuderia, I don't think its worth twice as much as a CS. At retail price YES, I would buy one, but not $100K or more over MSRP. CGT and the Scuderia are in two different leagues, I don't think the Scuderia will ever be a million dollar car but the CGT has the potential to be. Just my $.02!

24. iceman996

iceman996 Karting

Nov 20, 2007

Then the other consumers's fair price is $100k over sticker. I guess I should say $50K mark up is the fair price IMO : )

25. EVONick

EVONick Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Exactly what I was getting at in a roundabout way: there is no "fair price", it's just what different people are willing to pay, just like eBay. Your "fair" price is what you stop bidding at, and this can either be because you don't have any more money, or the item just isn't worth more than $XXX to you. If people are willing to pay $450K for a Scud, then it's just as easy to say that Ferrari underpriced the car as it is to say that dealers are gouging.