Strong recommendation for Black Horse Garage | FerrariChat

Strong recommendation for Black Horse Garage

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JoeZaff, Aug 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I just wanted to publicly thank the Black Horse Garage in Connecticut for their outstanding sales and service. I posted this in the 308/mondial section, but I think it is more appropriate here. By way of background, I spent almost a year looking for my first Ferrari. I stumbled upon the Black Horse Garage while trying to track down a pristine low mileage mondial 3.2 cab.

For those unfamiliar, the Black Horse Garage in Connecticut are an exotic/classic car dealer, restorer, and service center. . When I arrived they gave me a tour of the grounds. They had over a hundred of some of the most desirable and rare cars on the planet. To give you an idea of their level of mechanical aptitude, they are one of the only places in the country authorized to work on the SLR McClaren (which I saw parked there). Anyway, I dealt with John, who is the son of the owner. John was incredibly honest and made the whole experience truly exceptional. He also stood behind the car and his work.

I bought the car a month ago. It was a well cared for, very low mileage car that had just had a complete engine out major. At the time of the sale, we noticed a slight leak around the axle. John offered to repair it, but at the time it looked slow enough that it would probably go another 4-5K miles, so we decided they would fix it at the next annual service. Unfortunately, a week or so after getting the car I noticed the leak was getting worse, without a practical way to keep track of the gear oil, I contacted John about the problem. Without another word, John offered to have the car picked up the next day in a Black Horse enclosed trailer. The next day, the trailer arrived and they drove the car 200 miles back to their facility. While there, not only did they fix the seal, but they poured over the car looking for anything that needed attention. On their dime, they fixed the clutch slave cylinder, the axle seal, a leaking hub,a slow rear window, the shift shaft seal, and a sketchy roof latch. They also adjusted the transmission, which improved the shifting dramatically. They then called me yesterday to let me know the car would be arriving today in the enclosed trailer. It arrived as promised this afternoon, freshly washed and with a full tank of gas. In my life I have never experienced this level of service on any purchase of any kind. These guys are just incredible and I can't recommend them strongly enough.

2. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    It is great to hear good things about a business.

3. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    Wow. Sounds like a 1st class operation. Did you take any pics of their shop/showroom?

4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No, but there are some good pictures on their website, www.blackhorsegarage.com. To tell you the truth, I was so dizzy with anticipation at finally getting my dream car I forgot my camera!

5. Stace

Stace Rookie

Jun 29, 2007
    Joe, thanks for your kind words, great service is what we're known for. Sorry you forgot your camera, but next time you're in the area, stop by for another tour (there's always new cars in) -- the invitation is open to all FerrariChat members. I hope you had a chance to meet Frank Buonanno, John's dad. His career goes back 50 years with Ferrari and can tell you interesting stories about Luigi Chinetti, Alberto Pedretti and everyone who was anyone when Ferrari was still a young company. Some background on Frank: when he was a teenager, his dad had a 212 Inter that needed an engine rebuild, so at 15 or 16, I forget, Frank rebuilt it perfectly.

If you can't make it down, our site is updated regularly with great modern and classic cars (Ferrari, and others too) -- www.blackhorsegarage.com.

Let us know how you like your Mondial and if you have any questions or concerns -- we'll do our best to take care of them right away.

Thanks again,

Stace Caseria
    General Manager