ID? My very old Ferrari.. | Page 15 | FerrariChat

ID? My very old Ferrari..

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 1oldf, Dec 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1oldf

1oldf Karting

Dec 25, 2007
    Whittier, Calif.
    Full Name:
    George Engelage
    The info. I have on the current owner is: Rene Maspoli Switzerland...Tel: 021 9682020-21 ?? Not sure of current ownership. Any help??? #0124A

2. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    #352 MJarrettR, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The attached photos are from Terry Buffum:

"Orange Car" is Jim Kimberley sitting in 0124A in the tech inspection line at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin in 1952. Marshall Lewis is talking with him, and apparently was driving Kimberley's 166 barchetta, partially shown behind the 340.

"Red Car" shows Ron Chuck driving 0124A at the Monterey Historics, 1983. He finished second in class to the Parkinson Jaguar Special, partially shown to Ron's left. This photo was the parade lap.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    #353 GIOTTO, Aug 10, 2008
  4. t walgamuth

t walgamuth Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2005
    Cool Pic. You can clearly see the transverse leaf spring at the front.

Tom W

5. buurman

buurman Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    cornelis leendert
    #355 buurman, Aug 17, 2008
  6. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Note the same : it's a 212 Export s/n 0100E...

7. Michael T. Lynch

Honorary

Mar 3, 2005
  8. Michael T. Lynch

Honorary

Mar 3, 2005
    For some reason, the site took out part of the address in my last post

http://tamsoldracecarsite.net/
    CF2021PalmSpringsMysteryCar1.html

Here is, hopefully, the complete address.

9. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It's all there, and the link works in your first post. The messageboard software truncates the URL so that it doesn't stretch the page if it's too long.

If you take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the vBulletin codes, you can also embed the URL by using this string of text, without the spaces.

Palm Springs Mystery Car [ /url]

As you can see, when formatted without the spaces, the text in bold is all that appears in your post.

Palm Springs Mystery Car

>8^)
    ER

srslusso likes this.
  10. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    Maybe wrong thread to post this but.....This site is unreal.. For several years I had been trying to locate info on three Ferraris I had owned, to no avail even after contacting FLA DOMV with years and tag nos. I did not keep Vin no records.
    After posting pictures I was reunited in one day..
    250 SWB CAL s/n 3195GT
    246 GTS s/n 08318
    Daytona spyder s/n16223
    It made my day to see these cars found their way into caring hands.

11. Aaron Barker

Aaron Barker Rookie

Aug 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Aaron Barker
    Hi all,
    I know this thread has been dead for a long time, but I think I may have found another facet of the "0124A" Ferrari 340 America mystery. The attached photos below are found on the Studebaker National Museum photo archive website and are of a SCCA race in the summer of 1952 at the Studebaker Proving Grounds. The car in the photo looks very similar to the 340 America Jim Kimberly drove that year. Especially if you look at the tail lights in comparison to an Elkhart Lake 1952 posted previously in this amazing thread. The BIG difference is that the Studebaker picture shows a Left Hand Drive car when 0124A was a RHD car. The Studebaker Proving Grounds was essentially a large 3-mile oval the 1952 event was run counterclockwise. Any Saturday night short tracker will tell you that you want all the weight possible on the left to be as fast as you can through the turns. Did the clever and deep-pocketed Kimberly team figure out a way to switch from RHD to LHD and back again? Between Bridgehampton and Janesville, there would've been time to do this as the Studebaker race was probably around mid-June. I've got emails in to both Studebaker and the SCCA Archive asking for info but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks all,
    Aaron Barker Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    sure?
    not anti mirror wise?

14. Aaron Barker

Aaron Barker Rookie

Aug 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Aaron Barker
    I let my enthusiasm get the better of me. I did find a reversed negative of Jim Kimberly's 166 as it appeared at Studebaker in 1950 (his first win in the car?) but mistook one of the background access roads for another. This is surely him (or Marshall Lewis?) in the 340 America 0124A from an album dated to a 1952 SCCA meet. I've been trying to verify the entry list or results through either Studebaker or the SCCA Archives as I haven't seen this race listed in Kimberly's or the car's competition records online.

ivo73 likes this.