spider weather... | FerrariChat

spider weather...

Discussion in 'New England' started by bostonmini, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I find it amazing that a great deal of the Fcars that are at FONE are spiders, but aside from that, provided that some of you have them, lets hear it, when do you think the top will come off for the first time! late april, early may perhaps?

2. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    First warm day, definitely in March, ( in N.E. warm is 50+)

3. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Spiders are great, but I can't understand why someone in the Northeast would buy a $100k+ car that can only bd used the way it was meant for 4 months out of the year (at best).

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I say if it isn't snowing or raining then top down. I had a Boxster when I lived in Tokyo and I used to drive that top down in the Winter (temps in the 20s consistently for a couple of months). Just add gloves, warm hat and heater on max and away you go.

Mind you I currently drive a hard top in New England. -10F really is a bit too cold :)... however forecast is for 40s and maybe 50 this weekend.

5. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    noahlh, Just an example of 1 of many Ferrari spider sinful pleasures but late on a summers eve, go through the tunnel north, over the Zakem(sp?) bridge across Boston in a Ferrari spider. You won’t have to ask the question twice!

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    noah - the tops do work! they're not bolted into the DOWN position only :)

i drove my 996 cab and my 355 in cold weather - and even wet weather. in fact, i only store my stupid cars for 3 months per year maximum - sometimes only two (jan/feb).

doody.

7. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Bostonmini,

(Humor) Top?? TOP???? OH, Now i get it!!! So THAT is what that rectangular black thing is for on the 308 that sits in my basement? Wow, all this time i felt it was some type of fancy Italian lightweight serving tray ;)

The sooner her top comes off, the better.

Hmmm... that works on many levels.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Spider348,

You KNOW that one day in the spring we NEED to all get together and go down the highway and through the best new tunnel in Boston. Imagine the sound of 10+ Ferrari cars all at once in the tunnel :)

i'll bring my laptop and lab grade mics and host the sound file on one of my servers :)

Enjoy the MUSIC,

Steven R. Rochlin

9. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    And I should have the Stradale w/ nutter exhaust by then...

now THATS what I'm talkin' about!!

10. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Fair enough. I guess the only thing I hate more than seeing a poor spider sitting in a garage is seeing that spider on the road with its top up -- it's like it's saying "freeee meeeee! freeeeee meeeee!" ;)

nlh

11. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Living in the Northeast makes it more the reason to own a convertible, Makes you appreciate those nice months that much better. And only 4 months out of the year? No way, I have allways been able to get 9+ months out of my past Rag tops. Just put those heated seats on high, Put up the windows and crank the heat and you can drive in any temperture. Was at ferrari/ Maserati of New England today to check out Tubi's and decided to have one installed on my Spyder Gt when it comes in, in a couple of weeks. Then sat in a Spyder in the showroom looking out at the beautiful day we were having and just imagined me driving around with the top down right now

12. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Enjoy the music...can i come:)

13. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    bostonmini,

>>>...can i come :) <<<

Oh how i am avoiding saying the obvious ;)

Of course you can ATTEND. As for something else, well... T.M.I ;)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin