Hung up BlackBerry....grrrr | FerrariChat

Hung up BlackBerry....grrrr

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Ferraribot, Aug 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Anyone know how to unfreeze a BlackBerry Curve? I've only had this stupid thing about a month. Worked fine up until a couple days ago. Now it's totally hung up with an hourglass and keeps trying to do a setup, but it won't even complete it.

2. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    You try the Shift alt del on it?

Left Alt
    Right Shift
    and the DEL

Antony

3. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    also what set up is it trying to do?

4. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Use as a paperweight and get an iPhone.

5. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm sure you've already tried this, but have you popped out the battery? Sometimes a hard reset will unstick them.

6. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Uh...no.

RMX

7. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Pop the battery out.

8. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    My wife's Curve started doing this 2 weeks after she got it. After she removed the battery for hard resets and still had the problem she took it to AT&T. They found that her SIM card was loose causing the problem. Secured the SIM card and no problems since. BTW the SIM card is located under the battery.

9. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

ahhh, this might have been the problem. I'll have to check that. Basically I went to bed last night with it still doing the hour glass thing after resetting it, etc. This morning I woke up and it worked fine except it still will not e-mail pictures. I still can't get it to e-mail a pic even now. However, I can send a regular e-mail and can send a picture to facebook, so no clue why I can't just e-mail a pic.

10. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Same problem my wife had with the SIM card not completely locked in. Intermittent application problems.

11. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I think that may have been the problem. I believe I got the sim card locked in right now. Thanks for the info.

12. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    I agree !

13. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    first try sending a picture to your self... sometimes phones have to be set up that way. secondly, it sounds like there may be some sort of software issue with the phone... I would recommend backing up your files, contacts, calendar and tasks with microsoft outlook and then downloading the software update from your cell phone carriers website then uploading it to the phone. Call the tech support department with your carrier if you need help getting a walkthrough, but they will tell you the same thing.

Also, anyone who thinks the iPhone is better phone has clearly CLEARLY been duped.

iPhone = gimmic + hype + lies

14. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

It's been doing the same intermittment crap. I plan to take it in to be looked at when I get some time. This phone is only maybe a month or two old. It really peeves me when it freezes up and I can't even use it to make a phone call.

15. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ