One of the Best Rally Videos | FerrariChat

One of the Best Rally Videos

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by modena1_2003, Aug 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
  2. Wittsy308

Wittsy308 Karting

Feb 2, 2008
    California
    Full Name:
    Paul
    First class video. Not a huge rally fan, but thats something quite special.

Thanks for the link

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I usually don't like music in the car videos, but that was perfect!!!! Thanks for posting! The way some people get out in the road on those courses and then dodge the cars is crazy!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Robert

4. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy

The good old days of Group B monsters and gods like Vatanen, Toivoinen... And Michèle Mouton, who is arguably the best female racer ever...

Thanks for sharing the great memories!

5. veloce92

veloce92 Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2007
    Chapel Hill
    Full Name:
    Aussie
    I have never been into rallying, but now I am just blown away. The driving is amazing, that kind of car control is insane. I think I will start to follow rallying, that video was awesome. Thanks for Posting.

6. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Amazing video, white 308 rally car at around 11:08 or so

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #7 DGS, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
    We used to get WRC coverage in the 'states.
    Pou used to do annual WRC summaries to music, using the Speedvision footage: e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gngH7hu6o_c

Alas, when fox turned Speedvision into NasPinks garbage channel (just to have another place to "matrix" their ads), they dropped WRC coverage, replacing it with important coverage like monster truck drivers playing poker. :rolleyes:

I've been hoping we could petition DirecTV to pick up eurosport (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAB4e2gKx_M) or itv or some channel that still covers events not made up by some mouth-breathing self-proclaimed "programming" scammer, trying to attract the mindless consumer audience. (Do you get the impression that I'm annoyed at how fox has ruined everything they've touched? ;))

Speed even dropped their delayed ROC coverage after the Nascar geek got locked out in round one, replacing it with a review of an SUV etc. But heck: he lost to Schumi!. What did Arnoux say after dijon: "At least I lost to the best."?

8. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Ah, those were the days.

Jean-Claude Andruet in the 308, Walter Rohrl in the Audi's, the 131's and the Lancias. That great shot of the Fulvia. The Opel Ascona. All great rally cars...

Think I'll go play some Rally Trophy.

9. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Great video, some cool cars in there. Old Volvos, Saabs, Audi, Ferrari, etc.

10. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am now convinced that rally spectators are suicidal.
    Great video!

11. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Thats quite true to be honest

12. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Great video. Thanks for sharing it. I was really disappointed when Speedvision dropped their WRC coverage.

13. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm glad your all enjoying this! Ive watched it a few times now - it just doesn't get boring. Group B were the days, that's for sure.

I know rally is a love or hate thing, but this video was too good not to post.

_J

14. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Impressive video.

From my avatar you might imagine that I like rally cars.

I thought I'd share this: my brother (who is 10 years older than me) did some low level rallying in the early eighties and took me along at the age of about eleven. We once went to see a rally in the Ardennes in Belgium. It was at night in the winter and it was cold, snowy. The road we took to walk up the moutain was frozen. I thought this was just a small path to the actual track where the cars would pass (these were the days of the Lancia 037, Audi quattro and Ford RS200). It was pitch dark when suddenly we heard the sound of a rallycar approaching, headlights blazing through the trees. I couldn't believe that they were actually using the icy path we walked earlier and going so fast! It was unbelievable. I still think that rally drivers have to be much more skilled than formula drivers. I have great respect for them. But it's also much more dangerous and I'm happy my brother didn't pursue his try at rallying any further.