CS Purchase Gone Bad - Any input? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

CS Purchase Gone Bad - Any input?

Discussion in '360/430' started by motion, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hungry4$$$

Hungry4$$$ Karting

Jan 26, 2008
    Fun story, boys! Nice to see you handle it like gentlemen!

2. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    +100

3. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    If people weren't so ANAL none of this would have happened.

Enjoy the car and have fun...20 yrs from now when you are ****ting and pissing on yourself would you really care about the minor imperfection on your 200K toy? Tell all the poor and starving people in this world that your Ferrari isn't perfect.

It wasn't major it was very minor...fix it, don't fix it whatever. 1K, 5K, 10K lesson learned..does it really matter?

I think we are all lucky to own such wonderful things in life and we lose perspective on what is really important and get caught up in our perfect little worlds. Glad it worked out well...sorry you lost sleep over it :eek:

:D....Happy Ending anyway...:D

4. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Also funny is that I think no one is reading your post above.

5. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    No one can handle the truth...:eek:

6. Jompen

Jompen Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    You bought it back ? Cool =)

Can i ask about the price range ? Guess You had to pay about the same ?

7. Jompen

Jompen Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    PEOPLE COMMENTING THIS 2008, IT IS 3 YEARS OLD !!!!!!

8. S.Ratha

S.Ratha Rookie

Oct 26, 2007
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    San
    Why not take it up with FNA? i think its better than taking it to Dave @ Premier. Since carfax will now state the car is painted rework.
    Or have FNA specify as it is their mistake and a painted bodywork certified by Ferrari. It's pretty sad to buy a Ferrari and have bad paint work.
    I just paid for a Porsche, and would suck to have a painted car, let alone a Ferrari.

9. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    #84 mrpcar, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mark, you suck! I can't believe you tried to sell your CS to someone else. I thought you were going to sell the CS to me!

All kiddings aside, I have a keen eye for repaint, and Mark's CS is a beauty I couldn't tell there was a repaint at all.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1000 what a joke!

11. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Believe me guys!!! Im as anal as they come!!

After Motion bought the car from me, and determined the door had been resprayed at factory/port...He had Ferrari re-paint under Warranty.

He kept drove the car for over a year, put 5,000+ miles on it and I bought it back from him at $3k less then i sold it for!! not a bad deal for driving a CS for a year and putting 5K miles on it for $3,000.00 bucks!!

But!!! I think i got the better deal!!

I was fully aware he had ferrari repaint the problem area...and i inspected in completely before i bought it!! and YES you can not tell it was done!! it is that good. If there was an indication of any issue i would have passed!!

So, obviously the fact it was resprayed had absolutely no bearing on what i was willing to pay to get my CS back!!

I looked at many CS's when i was back in the market...and NONE compared to how good Motion took care of the car, for the 1 year+ he "rented" it from me!!

12. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I should have read the original post more carefully that it was dated 3 years ago. LOL!

But again that makes sense why I couldn't tell there was a difference in color, as Ferrari repainted it again and made it right.

So I guess the good news is Mark you are still holding on to the CS for me. LOL!

13. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
  14. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M

You are a joke? :eek:

Sorry to hear that...:D

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    All in good fun my friend.

16. srtricky

srtricky Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    BC
    Full Name:
    Ricky
    Can I have your CS for a year and 5000 miles. I'll pay double what "motion" did :D :D. (how about triple :p)

17. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    :D I know, I know:D :

Like I said...old thread.....a bit overboard.....good outcome!! :D

18. davidbealGT4

davidbealGT4 Karting
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    David Beal
    #93 davidbealGT4, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008

I saw that car recently while it was getting it's recent timing belt service (at least I think it's the same car) and I will say that paint is absolutely beautiful.
    (I happen to be passing through the area, and stopped in for some questions; I have yet to purchase my first Ferrari; but hopefully one day)

That car is gorgeous. Probably better then new. You could eat off it. Paint is like a mirror.

That was my impression. :)

19. J2J

J2J Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2008
    Happy things ended up well. My only comment is that I agree 100% with the folks that encouraged this post to keep going...this is REAL content for F-Chat! It's interesting and helpful for all current or prospective owners of F cars. Keep 'em coming!

20. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    #95 mjw599, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    Sounds like the best possible outcome for you; you ended up with a great CS and the steward you chose in the mean time handed you a nice discount for the few miles.

Thank you, my stalker, is it any wonder why Josh (Sanguru) stays away? Being right is one thing, being a gentleman about it is another.

21. kole

kole Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2005
    +1. I had a brand new stradale delivered which appeared to be painted 2 different colors with over-spray everywhere. It was so bad the Ferrari rep came to see it from NY. Eventually, the car was taken back to Ferrari to be repaired. Was without the car for almost 8 weeks. Ferrari paintwork can be dodgy. The dealer was outstanding in helping to resolve this issue.

22. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Class act. This is a perfect example of an ideal seller. If only everyone is fortunate enough to buy a car from seller like Mark but most often NOT the case.

23. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
  24. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's late to contribute to this post, but. (1) my sharp eye can't distinguish the difference in paint color on the door, (2) your sharp eye, and the prior owner's sharp eye didn't detect paint color differences when he bought and you bought, (3) painting by the factory was, at least, "by the factory" and not some aftermarket paint shop, (4) cosmetic paint damage on a CS, w/o any structural damage, is almost irrelevant. I've had the rocker panel painted on my CS (in view of a superficial scrape) as well as the bumper (in view of pitting), afterwhich I installed a clear bra. My take is that no one will care if/when I sell. I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT HAVE THE DOOR REPAINTED by some aftermarket company. Just leave it as it is -- it's factory -- and continue not noticing, like 99.999% of observers, as before.

25. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    One does not stalk when you reply to a thread 3 years old. As you can see, when you post a response, it will get bumped to the top of the list. So if you consider my reading your post as stalking, then everyone reading a post and responding is guilty of it. Speaking of stalking, let's talk about you mjw599.

This thread is 6 months old, but you felt it needed to be bumped...
    As a matter of fact, you have a pattern of bumping up old posts. How do I know this, because they move to the top of the list when you post. You don't really add to the discussion. Instead, you ask seemingly pseudo-naive questions that appear to be baiting for a response, typical behavior of a troll. Why don't you post a picture of your CS?

Oh, and when your 599 arrives, why don't you post a picture of that too.
    Funny, my friend Kirby doesn't know you. But you like to use fchat member's first names in your posts as if they did.

You were also caught making a false accusation...
    mjw599, you're either a poser or a troll. So which is it?