odd color combo in 79 gts | FerrariChat

odd color combo in 79 gts

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308 milano, Aug 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I just got a peek at a guys 79 308 gts today. Its red /blk interior but the carpet is a sort of royal blue. He says its factory but it looks really odd, as if they just grabed anything close and through it in. Can this be? Felt sorry for the car, it hasn't been started for 2 1/2 years, he said he has 200 miles on the last belt change, I wanted to say something about leaving them sit but felt it wasn't my place, car is stored inside with about 12 muscle cars. had a quarter inch of dust on it, looked kinda ratty.

2. LennyZeutzius

LennyZeutzius Karting
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lenny
    Has it been repainted?

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The OE carpet of the period dye faded badly and the black carpet turned very blue. Probably started life black.

4. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I'm not sure about the repaint, didn't look real close plus it was so dirty.
    Brian, that makes sense! When he said it was factory I was thinking "you've got to be kidding' The color was uniform and wasn't patchy so it didn't even cross my mind that it fadded.