New 328 for my 35th, pamper it with what? | FerrariChat

New 328 for my 35th, pamper it with what?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Mr fucarwe, Aug 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    ok guys, my first ferrari should be taken care of with what products, cleaning supply list,, what's your fav polish. and such.

2. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You could fill a multi-volume treatise answering this question. But a good supplier for about everything you'll need is Griots. www.griotsgarage.com. There's other good suppliers as well, but I'm partial to them. I've bought a lot of stuff from them, all of which have worked out very well. There is a thread around here somewhere, sorry I can't find it for you, but if you search you can probably pull it up - about how to wash a Ferrari using the double bucket method. Have fun taking care of her, I have to confess that I get about as much pleasure from detailing mine as I do actually driving her. Its a darn good stress reliever.

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ironically, I probably wash the 328 less than any car I've owned. You don't want to drown it, because the deck lid is vented, and also there must a thousand water traps in the bodywork.

I'd say get it washed, clayed and waxed properly once you have it, and then use a quick detailer after each drive to keep dust/dirt from accumulating. Unless you drive through construction zones, dirt roads, etc., you should be able to keep it clean with a very light hand. And unless there is overspray, oxidized paint or execessive swirling, don't polish the paint. Wax is fine. Nothing abrasive.

I'll second the Griot's recommendation, btw. I've found their cleaning products and cloths to be good.

4. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    thanks bullfighter, i've spent many hours reading your post's and they all make great sense to me. cheers and a ferrari go great with guinness.

5. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Look for posts by tropicaldetail. His discussions can keep you occupied for a long time; very detailed and informative.

Jeff

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #6 hank sound, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well Mr fucarwe,

You could keep your dash and interior cool with my Berlinetta Shade. Check it out on RICAMBI'S website. It's listed under Spider Top covers.

And congrats on your new 328. Post some pics for us all to drool over:)

Cheers & Happy B Day!, Hank
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    I use a 204mph leaf blower w.curved end to dry 99% of of my 328. I hate that using a cloth/chammy is a pain to get to these traps and you use a hundred of them - and then when you shut the door water still drips from, among other places, the mirror base. Hit these traps from a couple angles w.a blower and no worries. Just be careful w.proximity to the surfaces - don't want that tip touching...it WILL leave a mark :eek:uch: Any bits you don't blow clean you hit w.the cham. I think user TropicalDetail suggests using a blower.

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Take care of it by driving it

Sometimes it will get wet

Sometimes it will get dirty

Thats OK

9. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    There's also a gasoline-powered thing under the rear deck lid that can help dislodge any remaing water. ;)

10. Brunello

Brunello Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2005
    Vancouver, British C
    Full Name:
    Al
    Further to the advice already submitted, I prefer to not wash the car if you live in an area that will not allow the car to dry out completely within a day or so. As stated by my co-conspirators, these cars have places that the water will trap itself and may not dry out causing rust or electrical problems. I never wash my car after October in the Pacific NW until I know the hot weather will dry out the car completley. Congrats on the new purchase!

11. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    #11 doug328, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Same here. I only wash my car about twice a year. It has 2 good coats of wax on her and the shine stays great. I'm always using the "speed shine" spray to take care of the road dirt/dust. I also use Griot's products.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login