Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by newgentry, Jun 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    #101 ADON, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008

What makes your car so special that people are not allowed to park next to it? It's not exactly a new $400K+ Phantom Drophead.

2. Infinity_Racer

Infinity_Racer Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Fl.
    Full Name:
    Gus B
    sounds like nobody read Roberts apology...

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #103 darth550, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Dude, you really need to get a life! Do you obsess over dust on your clothes in the closet too?

5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey, JACKASS he apologized, get over it. Now you sound like the one with no humility.

Mark

6. jdwheeler

jdwheeler Rookie

Nov 28, 2007
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan

Just to re-bump the apology ;-) He sounds like a nice guy.

I drive a yellow F355 spider in central london. License "NEM351S". If you ever see it, feel free to park next to it and you or your kids are free to look at it, touch it, photograph it or put sticky fingers all over it.

I think it is important to share, at the very least to incentivise kids to work hard in future. A few dings etc... ce la vie.

7. JCW Driver

JCW Driver Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Bronson G.
    "Mean" people suck.

8. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    +1

Hard to find people with common sense, even in London.

Art

9. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #109 climb, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
    This has been my experience too.

What's funny (now that it's happened four times i don't think i'm just imagining things) is that people will put their vehicle in reverse to make sure they park next to my car instead of going around to park head in for fear of losing the spot to someone else. Two times people who tried this stunt didn't know how to park in reverse and ended up at odd angles next to my car.

I told my girlfriend about this after it happened the second time and she told me i was looney then we pulled into the front spot at the grocery store and as we're walking in some old lady backs her old beat up junker next to me. The woman kept going from reverse to drive in an effort to reverse the car next to mine. A young guy was in the passenger seat and i think he pointed it out to her and told her to park next to it.

As we watched from the cart return area my girlfriend put her hand over her mouth and sat there laughing totally blown away that i was telling the truth.

I'm learning to just expect it now.

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #110 Bullfighter, Aug 20, 2008
  11. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    They were probably trying to boost the image of your car; after all, it -is- black...

12. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yeah, it would be a shame if the folks getting into the trunk of that red Nissan Pulsar would pull out their luggage and bang it into the classic old black '70's Bricklin that is parked next to it... (lol)

13. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You got me. My bodyguards' cars...

14. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    I should not talk, because that stuff used to bother me too, but these days I try to ignore it.

The idea that he was protecting you is a good one. I park my car often at my gym where everyone knows me and my cars. The employees drive beaters and routinely park next to me at my encouragement to protect me. It's the minivans with kids that worry me, and my friends keep them away. In fact, you might say I park in the employee lot.

Try to enjoy the car.

15. LUV 4REZS

LUV 4REZS Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Leonard P
    I don't like people parking next my car either, even though it is just a Nissan, it is still something that I work very hard for and enjoy it a lot. I don't really like putting that much money into a car to have someone smash it with a door or a basket, that's why I park about a mile away from everyone else also. My car shows that I am a little more successful than I was 2 years ago, so it means a lot to me in that form.

16. Speed_Demon

Speed_Demon Rookie

Aug 18, 2008
    Are the parking spaces very small in the states and/or is everyone a terrible parker? I can park in the space next to a car and leave plenty of space for the car next to me and the chance of me hitting it are ridiculously low (never hit anything parking myself). I would park next to a Ferrari, go do what I have to do, come back, and if the Ferrari is still there, I'll wait for the owner to come back to talk to him about his car and Ferrari in general, if he has the time.

17. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    #117 enzo thecat, Aug 23, 2008
    I was reading this thread last night before we went out to eat and get groceries. This thread hits close to home for me because I started a thread this summer after my 360 was spit on. There were a lot of posts blaming me, saying I must have provoked it. Several posters thought I was insane not to park my car at restaurants markets, etc. Anyway, it just became a big flaming session.

Last night:
    Went out to eat in my daily driver. Parked next to a car and saw key marks all over it. Thought to take a picture with my camera phone to post here. Afterwards, we went to the market for groceries. The car I parked next to there had also been keyed!!! (Picture number 2). It is this kind of behavior that we are all terrified of.

Why are things like this so common here? Your guess is as good as mine. I think it probably has to do with class warfare and the growing sense of entitlement that people have here. Political propaganda has brainwashed Americans into thinking that they deserve everything that the next guy has, and if they don’t, then they were cheated and screwed. And this egocentric sentiment manifests itself as intolerance and impatience for fellow Americans, perhaps resulting in actions such as vandalism and deviance.

I know, I know; there has always been people that suck. But you just see more and more things like this.

p.s. (Forgive the pictures…it was a camera phone)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. LUV 4REZS

LUV 4REZS Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Leonard P
    It's not that the parking spaces are small, it's what parks next to you that matters.

19. mrrou

mrrou Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I used to judge people by what kind of cars they drove, and then I grew up. I love Ferrari's, I love them dearly and it is still my dream to own a 355 spyder. What is kind of sad is that with all of the bad things that happen in this world, all of the suffering that goes on, that people who live in our country still have the arrogance to complain about things like this.

As I said I love Ferrari's but there are so many things in life that are more important, and should be a better use of our time and energy.

We really need to put things into perspective.

20. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Well, all of us here love Ferraris too. Some of us own them to distract us from the pressures of life. When things are really stressful at work, I spend the evening winding down by washing, detailing, polishing, and making it really shine. Why is it “arrogant” to get upset when someone defaces or is reckless around something we worked hard to achieve and maintain?

But a lot of what you said is true. All it takes is for a loved one or even a beloved pet to face a crisis, and that puts everything into perspective. I try to remember that with my daily living, but it’s difficult. Human nature, I guess.

21. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James

Just send the repair bills right-on-over to DaudiW. and Blockhead - in their parallel universe, these kinds of things NEVER happen (and even if they did, the cost-to-repair is so miniscule, they probably have that kind of cash collecting dust at the bottom of their sock drawer so its never anything to be worried about).

22. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    A bit late, and I wasn't able to read the whole post, but I have just a few things to add.

When I was 16, I did groundskeeping at the local country club. A very wealthy land owner in the area would intentionally park his "little red car" in front of the no parking sign, just because it was a little out of the way. I'd met him a few times on the course and he was always very disrespectful and let you know he was better than you.

On the other hand there was "Hank". "Hank" would wave us down and talk to us, and treat us like we were equals. The guy was loaded but you'd never know it. "Hank" drove some sort of boat from the 70's that was peeling paint like a banana. He always parked in a normal spot and didn't seem to have a care in the world---other than the hapiness of others.

That was 12 years ago and I think "Hank" has passed. The other gentleman is still around in the same "little red car." I learned a little from this exprience about how to be a decent person, and also that it doesn't matter what you drive or where you park it. It's the person behind the wheel that will change you.

PS, I drive a little redneck Audi, but it's in good shape :p

23. blockhead

blockhead F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2008
    rock {me} hard place
    Full Name:
    knight who says "ni"
    I am not going to worry about a ding that can easily be fixed.

I own the car, the car does not own me. I park it where I want and accept the consequences.

24. rext

rext Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rex
  25. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    We have tons of "compact"-designated parking spaces in California, and tons of Tahoes and Expeditions that regularly park in them. Unless you drive a 4-door Honda Civic or something smaller, it's just inevitable that you'll get dinged there.

The only solution is to look for a full-sized space. I don't mind parking a bit farther and walking to wherever I'm going.