Hamilton Believes He Is No #2-Even Next To Michael Schumacher! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hamilton Believes He Is No #2-Even Next To Michael Schumacher!

Discussion in 'F1' started by mkultra, Aug 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1

3. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Thad - I agree, if the issue had been about how LH rated himself compared with MS those sorts of comments would have been appropriate but it wasn't, it was about accepting #2 status and LH was not comparing himself with MS.

Don't worry about being lumped into the myopic group, in this case it just means 'doesn't agree with tifosiron'!

4. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    +1 Why get out there if you don't think you're the best.

5. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Lewis Hamilton has the right attitude for F1 but he shouldn't be saying it out loud. Now he sounds more like an arrogant brat than before.

6. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    The logical conclusion to that line of argument is that all F1 drivers with the right attitude are arrogant brats but because most don't say out loud what they are thinking we don't see it. ;)

7. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I didn't think that was what he was saying, either.

8. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Maybe you could point out for me where he "compared himself" to MS?

He said he wasn't a #2 driver, not even to MS. To me, he's essentially saying that Schumi is the best, but Lewis wouldn't resign himself to be a #2 driver even if it was next to Schumi.

He never said he's as good as Schumi, or that he can do what MS did, he simply said that he's not going to allow himself to be someones b!t$h, even if that someone was MS.

It's funny that you guys get all worked up about things that he didn't even say. The hatred runs deep.

9. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Absolutely Agree...

10. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ian, your going to make someone feel very nauseous if you carry on with this, then you will get reminded your on Ferrari chat site, one in which apparently you must not support your countryman, if he drives for anyone but Ferrari, then you must apply some red blinkers, these incredible things enable you to filter out without any thought power needed anything anti Ferrari, it then transform articles in to a nice pleasant fuzzy red read, to which the reader only sees what they want to see.

I haven't tried them to be honest, because I didn't think it was a prerequisite in the F Chat rule book that you had to wear them...;)

The trouble is in the real world, the best 2 F1 drivers aren't in the red cars at the minute, and there is a common theme running here, with this Hamilton and Alonso bashing and its desperate one.

For the record I support Ferrari and want them to win. I Think Massa is doing a brilliant great job and proving he has a great chance for the WDC at the minute. kimi needs a rocket up his ass or a major rethink at what he wants to do with his career, either way he is the one I want to win the WDC, but he really is making it hard work for himself maybe not all his fault, I have not give up on him as yet.

However with all the all the flak LH gets on here, makes me want him to win,just to shut a few folk up

11. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Did you not notice that it's not only LH who only gets flak, but also Alonso, Raikkonen and Massa...

I believe LH with these kinds of comments, deserves to be criticized. Let's not forget that, as brilliant a driver he is, he basically lost the driver's world championship last year by himself, and is only in his 2nd year in F1 (comparing himself to Michael and his 7 World championships). I don't ever recall the great Senna, Alain Prost, Jim Clark, Schumacher or Fangio making such brash comments in their early years, or in any year...

I don't say that he's not a great driver, but he still has everything to prove and, at least until he wins a couple of world championships, should keep his mouth shut.

By the way, haven't anyone noticed that f1 drivers nowadays are just kids, and acting like spoiled brats?

12. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    That's exactly what he's saying, he won't ever consider himself to be a #2 driver in a team. While the thread title isn't completely misleading I can't say the same about a majority of the posts in here...

13. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Steve, what I find hard to understand (and stomach) is all the venom aimed at those drivers some people on here don't like, namely LH, FA and FM. I have never done that, I don't think I have expressed even the mildest criticism of any driver. I know you are no Massa fan, you have made that view known, but I certainly don't remember you ever using the sort of invective that, sadly, is common currency on this board.

Everyone is entitled to support, criticise and generally express their views on teams, drivers and any other race related matter and that could and should be done in a mature, intelligent way without resorting to the abuse of drivers or other posters. That, of course, is not going to happen and, unfortunately, when some of those types of posts appear it can be difficult to prevent yourself replying 'in kind'.

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Samething came to my mind.

15. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #40 355, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
    Yes and if the world was flat. Why do you constantly bring up IF IF IF it had been Massa, If it had happened to Ferrari ect ect.. It gets tedious when you constantly bring up Massa or Ferrari in the negative comparison.

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I concur fully, "the replying in kind" What that's moral, "It takes a braver man to walk away".. unfortunately not one of my strong points...;)

I can't even contemplate hating any F1 driver..

17. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A fair point, but consider the facts of the other posters in this thread. And lets face it everything he says and does is under the spot light, and I think its refreshing to hear him pile it on, its him that will look a fool if he throws it away again, but I maintain that last year that was under dubious circumstances, and of course thats if we believe all we read or is reported.

BTW As pointed out he didn't compare himself to MS..

Yeh kids...;)

18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    No further comment required. Way to circumvent some of the ensuing complaints (although I haven't read through all posts yet).

19. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Lewis...Shut the **** up..you are turning into a little nena.

20. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    That was a helpful contribution. :rolleyes:

21. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I think he's virtually always arrogant and never quiet.* Those most arrogant racer in all of F1 at the moment for sure.* Alonso used to be up there back when he was on a winning team, but has been forced to become more humble this year, so Hamilton takes top honors for ego.

22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm pretty sure this is your argument for anything anyone says about any driver. Welcome to my ignore list.

23. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    for me, it's a good thing he's aiming to be compared and be among the best. u can't achieve anything in life if u keep on targetting no 2, and not no 1.

edit : i still believe, however, he's driving for the wrong team :D

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Your not wrong Brian....:)