F40 from Hawaii | FerrariChat

F40 from Hawaii

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by jfred36, Jun 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jfred36

jfred36 Rookie

May 28, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Hello Everyone! New Member Here and am curious as to a particular F40 that I saw at auction at the height of the Ferrari Market....If I recall correctly it was 1990-1991. The auction was in Troy, Michigan and I remember vividly the F40 present. It was the star of the show! First time I ever saw a true SuperCar let alone an F40.

It was a fairly small auction and the story surrounding the F40 was that the owner brought it in from Hawaii. Some Plastic Surgeon bid $900K but the reserve was at a cool million. Neither party would budge. Dont know if after the auction a deal was struck.

Anybody know of this car? Did it ever sell? Just Curious!
    Also shows how crazy the Ferrari Market can get.

Thanks!

2. GallardoGuy

GallardoGuy Karting

Jun 12, 2008
    Fort Collins, Colo
    I've heard of that car before. Its on the island of Oahu, my Dad spotted it one time. There's a ton of other cars here in Hawaii that are crazy. I know there is more than one Enzo and F50. There should be a section for Hawaii I know of a bunch of cars that are here.

3. [355]

[355] F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2006
    Spacious tent
    Full Name:
    Harold Faltermeyer
    it would be a tough life cruising hawaii in an Enzo :eek:

4. SimplyBenny

SimplyBenny Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    It is when the speed limit is sooo low haha

5. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kauai
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Yea........not here on Kauai :(

We do have a lot of Toyota Trucks though and those are more usable for the roads here I guess...that's for sure! haha

6. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    I was on the island of Kauia last month and coming in the opposite direction was a red Enzo,
    Seems like there is more than just one ferrari on that island.
    Anybody have an info on that red Enzo?

realestate agent ? pro ball player? rock star?
    who's car was that?

Mahalo for your response.

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #8 joe sackey, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    Dave W is a longtime Kauai resident whom I met 10 years ago at the Princeville Hotel there. It turns out he owns most of the commercial and resort property in the area and our talking point was his wonderful Miura S chassis number 4832.

At any rate I can tell you that besides a number of other Lamborghinis (Countach, Diablo et al), he has an F40, an F50 and an Enzo. He routinely flys them in rotation to California for servicing etc.

I am 99% certain thats the car you saw only because Dave will not let anything stop him from driving his cars, even the Kauai rain!

8. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I routinely see Ferraris at the Auto Gallery, including classics ( I think it was a 275) in for service all with Hawaii plates. I actually bought a 348 from Oahu and the only service center was that servicio Lexus dealer who was a total rip off.