What's the most you've ever spent on a pair of jeans? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

What's the most you've ever spent on a pair of jeans?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by REMIX, Mar 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariModenaBoy3

Aug 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy C
    The way its sits on me looks amazing! The cut and the use of detail on the fabric, its how decent clothing should flatter your body but usually its missing something. It fits right on the money I tell ya. Also, chicks totally notices them just like certain women notices your footwear. It just adds more to what your wearing and it goes with everything in my wardrobe.

Its worth the money in my opinion, otherwise I would have hesitated and not purchase it. But of course, to each its own.

2. FerrariModenaBoy3

Aug 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy C
    Barney's has some cool DRKSHDW jeans by Rick Owens. Phillip Lim 3.1 has a few cool shirts for the fall '08 collection. Hit it up!!!

3. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

#103 REMIX, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I guess I've become more of a jean aficionado since I began this thread. I was really close to buying some Antiks on Friday, but I don't want to go through the trouble of having them hemmed. Same with any jean - getting them hemmed, unless I can do it on the spot and take them with, is kinda ghey. Very nice jeans, though. Lucky jeans are now my fave, they fit so nice. DKNY's aren't bad I've found. Tried some at Express recently and was not happy. I may stop by Buckle and check out their store brand. I'd like to keep my jeans between $60-$100.

FWIW, I got over the Affliction t-shirt thing VERY fast. I bought several, wore them once or twice, and now they collect dust in my closet.

My newest passion is vintage race inspired shirts.

Anyone know a good source for old-looking racing t-shirts? Sorry to go OT, I might start another thread for vintage racing apparel.

What I have now (only Lucky brand because I don't know where else to look):
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lucky usually have some intersting stuff

Where did you get the tshirts you posted pics of? I like them

5. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    At the store near me they have a sale twice a year where all their jeans are 75% off. I get my luckys then for about $35 each. I have 5 pairs

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm not sure what's happened to Express jeans. They use to be my favorite. I wasn't really in the mood to try anything on a few weeks ago, but did grab two pair. I wear 30x32, and they swallowed me whole! I was thinking wtf? Threw 'em back on the rack and called it a day.

I'll probably try them on again one more time when I'm in more of a searching for jeans mindset, but I think I may be done with them.

7. REMIX

#107 REMIX, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Scary thing for me is that Loro Pianis fit just as well as LL Beans. Less likely to change the oil in the 308 wearing the Italian pair...

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  10. icanfly012

icanfly012 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    I bought all the Philip Lim 3.1 stuff I could get my hands on. His blank shirts for $135 piss me off though. At the warehouse sale, they had a few of his pieces marked down to the 50 - 170 range.

Hermes has raw jeans for $450. It's a "steal" if you consider how much the rest of the Hermes line costs.

11. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    24$ Wrangler @ Tractor Supply Store

12. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David

Its good you enjoy them and even better you think they are worth it :) You dont need to justify yourself anyway mate.

I've bought some ridiculous clothing items for unjust prices as well... like a Dolce&Gabbana cap for about 200 GBP..... around 380.00 usd. But it fits well, keeps my head cool in warm temperatures and is made/designed with quality materials to be worn fashionably...

good stuff.

13. Dr JonboyG

Dr JonboyG Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Gitlin
    That's the point.

Can't say CCP is my taste, but i believe the detailing is excellent. I'll stick with my Samurais, Iron Hearts and Sugarcanes.

14. 328Nero1240

328Nero1240 Karting

Jul 29, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I found some very unusual Andy Warhol numbered Levi's jeans. Retail was $250 a pair. I laughed. Then I did backflips when I found them at TJ Maxx for $29 a pair. I bought all 3 pairs. $1600 jeans? Sorry, but even if I had it to burn, I wouldn't spend it on pants.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    No more than $50 at the mall. I like the Levi 529 straight cut jeans.

16. REMIX

On SR64? LOL.

RMX

17. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I usually only pay about $40 for some Levis, but the other day I tried on some Hugo Boss and they fit me better than any other pair, $125.

18. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    LOL @ some of the responses in this thread.

I'm not going to single anyone out, but R&R, TR, Antik, 7FAM, and all these jeans that offer pre-washed cuts are complete GARBAGE. Not only are they extremely tacky, but the quality is sub-par and the price is completely ridiculous.

Good jeans?

Dior Homme 21cm
    APC New Standard
    Nudie Regular Ralf/Straight Sven
    Imperial Duke
    Iron Heart 1634
    Sugar Cane Okinawa
    Flat Head F380
    Skull 5010

The first four should appeal to most due to their flattering cuts and inoffensive design, the last four are Japanese brands and are mainly reproductions of Levis cuts from many years ago.

For more information on jeans, check out www.superfuture.com or www.selfedge.com.

19. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    Ok guys.

If you want a real nice pair of jeans, made from the finest Georgia cotton( which happens to be the best in the World), then using the finest Swiss machinery, hand stitched in California, buy Agave Jeans. For fit, feel, texture, longevity, design. And it doesn't say Made In China on the tags.

20. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim

Oh Yea! where the elite meet!

21. onyx2002

onyx2002 Karting

Jun 3, 2006
    Scenic Maricopa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I don't know if it is something that would have to go through ferrariads , but for some you guys who have moved on to other jeans, I fit anything from 31-34 waist and 32 length and would pay a decent percentage of M.S.R.P if people wanted to get something out of the jeans sitting in the back of their closet. I'm betting some other people would love to take some designer stuff off your hands as well. (I'm a 10.5 shoe size just FYI). Maybe post up pics or PM me if that is allowed. In AZ I could just come pick them up, if that helps. Just a thought.

22. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    +1

I'm a 33

23. REMIX

Same here 32/33 waist 30 inseam.

RMX

24. icanfly012

icanfly012 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    I might unload a bunch of stuff because I'm starting to lose weight. I think it would be a good starting point if people could figure out their sizes in various brands. For instance, I'm a 30 in Gap, 31 in Rock & Republic, 32 in Nudie etc...

If people in LA want to know where to go for sample sales, I can give them a heads up....

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I just spent 125 on a pair of A/X jeans. That, of course, was not the intention but the odds were stacked against me. Firstly I was returning a pair that I had bought earlier in the week on sale (nice color but I HATED the fit), so I figured give em back and pay the difference. Mistake number two was letting a chick pick out the jeans I would have to pay the difference on. 125 out the window when i only wanted to pay around 70. Great jeans though and she swears it makes my "package" look bigger, lol. I think she's lost her mind....:)