What do you fly? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What do you fly?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by imported_TimN, Aug 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imported_Korr

imported_Korr Rookie

Aug 7, 2005
    That's not terribly small! You should see a Citabria on floats!

2. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Korr:

I flew there in 02. Went to Sitka, Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, etc. Great ride, but there are two types of planes there: those that fly slow, and those powered by turbines with deice. The Baron has de-ice, but I don't trust it in conditions like Alaska.

When coming into Sitka, the forecast has been 1500, 4 miles. When we got there it was 1 and 500. The approach would have put us in icing conditions, and the weather had closed up behind us, so, using the GPS, I got us into the airport, and it sure wasn't even close to being fun. Had to wait 3, 4 days for the weather to allow us to get home.

Balance of the trip was fun. We'd gone to see my old school mate, Bill Butler, who teaches the controller courses in Anchorage and the university there. Userd to be in charge of the aviation program there, but didn't need the stress.

Art

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'll drink to that. But then, I'll drink to just about anything. ;)

Hey Dane, do you have any pics or videos of an Apache putting on a fireworks show?

4. bwassam

bwassam Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2005
    North Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Robert Wassam
    1963 Mooney M20C

5. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    #30 FastTalk, Sep 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. imported_MikeAR303

Sep 6, 2005
    #31 imported_MikeAR303, Sep 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Myself :D

Though I'm planning to start working towards getting my PPL soon and eventually would like to start flying aerobatic planes... a Pitts S2C to be more specific.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Jcarson

Jcarson Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Tortola, BVI
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I have my choice of any airplane.......as long as it's a C172, and an older one at that. That's all that is available down here...

8. imported_Airspeed

Sep 13, 2005
    Here is my plane. I am the First Officer. I may be able to upgrade to Captain this year.

[​IMG]

9. EndymionMKII

EndymionMKII Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    I fly a Piper Arrow (its rented), its a fun airplane.

10. Doug McGill

Doug McGill Rookie

Sep 17, 2005
    Tim, how much does a plane like that cost to operate? Looks interesting.

11. imported_Airspeed

Sep 13, 2005
    I just found out last night that my company plans to get rid of the RJ-85s so I can only say that I fly it until December 20th at the latest. After that I don't know what I will be flying. Hopefully they will be replacing it with something or there will be a lot of people on the street. (I hope not me).